All control pages broken after upgrade, please help

Posted on
Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:43 pm
Professor Falken offline

All control pages broken after upgrade, please help

After spending 100+ hours building some really cool control pages, I decided to upgrade to Indigo7. This despite a serious fear that I would break something.

At least I copied the full I6 folder to a backup drive before upgrading, so hopefully this is fixable.

But after successfully upgrading, all of my control pages are broken. Every single image is showing up as a broken link.

I assume this has to do with none of the linked images being in the background/device/static/variable folders, right (I checked, they are not there)?

How do I fix this?

I am not opposed to just downgrading back to 6 if that is what is required. Really don't want to re-start the building of the control pages that took so much effort.

Posted on
Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:52 pm
Professor Falken offline

Re: All control pages broken after upgrade, please help

Is it as simple as just replacing the newly installed image folders (backgrounds and devices) with my old I6 ones (that were full of custom made images)?

Don't really want to make a move that might break something further until I hear from an expert on this one.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Posted on
Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:10 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Is it as simple as just replacing the newly installed image folders (backgrounds and devices) with my old I6 ones (that were full of custom made images)?

The installer does not copy over custom control page images from one major version to another -- so you need simply copy all your custom images from the appropriate directories in I6 to the I7 directories. I wouldn't necessarily copy the whole folder, just the images that you added.

Adam

Posted on
Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:18 pm
Professor Falken offline

Yes, that did it, thanks. Given the large number of custom images, I just replaced the I7 folders with the old I6 ones.

Renamed the I7 folders in case there are images in there that I might want, I guess.

Posted on
Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:20 pm
Professor Falken offline

One of the several reasons I upgraded is that I have an idea for which I want to use Domotics Pad. Looking forward to picking up an android tablet and giving it a try.

thanks again for the quick response.

Posted on
Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:44 pm
RogueProeliator offline

One of the several reasons I upgraded is that I have an idea for which I want to use Domotics Pad. Looking forward to picking up an android tablet and giving it a try.

Cool - let me/us know if you need and help or advice when that project picks up!

Page 1 of 1