Sierra still a bad idea?

Posted on
Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:57 pm
Different Computers offline

Sierra still a bad idea?

I am trying to move my Indigo to a new computer, one that runs Sierra 10.12.2.

Everything except z-wave seems to be functional, but enabling that interface gets me
Code: Select all
 "Z-Wave Controller" serial port open error: [Errno 2] could not open port /dev/cu.usbmodem471: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/dev/cu.usbmodem471'
   Z-Wave Error                    make sure the USB virtual serial port driver (ex: FTDI driver) is installed and correct port is selected

I tried the serial port fixes found for El Capitan (downloading new serial port drivers) but those didn't work. Maybe there was more configuration they requiredthat wasn't mentioned here.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:02 pm

Re: Sierra still a bad idea?

OK, looks like an attempt to configure the serial port in the Z-wave interface worked, at least at first glance. No idea if I've done what's optimum, and I'm suspicious because my very first try seems to have had good effect. I'll update with my settings if it seems to be working.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:19 pm
aldera offline

I just moved my Indigo server to a new computer with macOS Sierra 10.12.3 on Friday. It's been working with no problems, thus far. Pretty painless experience.

Posted on
Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:21 pm
Asconasny offline

I updated my 2012 mac mini to Sierra yesterday.
No issues .

Running z-wave and rfxcom.

Happy camper so far.

Posted on
Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:10 am
DaveL17 offline

My production server runs on Mavericks and my development server runs on Sierra and I have no problems in either place. I plan to upgrade the production server too, but I'm waiting a couple generations to make sure that Sierra's stable.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:37 am
sgbirch offline

I'm on Sierra in my outbuilding and Mavericks in my home. No problems with either.

Steve

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:20 am

You guys all using it stock with no added USB drivers? What Z-wave interfaces are you using?

I could not get it to see my Gen 5 Z-stick without added drivers. But then, my new Mac is a Hackintosh.

Posted on
Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:29 am
DaveL17 offline

I did some tests with a Gen 5 Z-stick on Sierra and didn't need to use any drivers.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:23 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Different Computers wrote:
I could not get it to see my Gen 5 Z-stick without added drivers. But then, my new Mac is a Hackintosh.

Note: we don't support unsupported configurations like hackintoshes since it takes a significant effort to even determine if a given problem is due to that or something else.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:40 am

Got it. Good thing I have a craigslist line on a radically underpriced more modern Mini than the old one I had running Indigo!

Page 1 of 1