Failed to start server..

Posted on
Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:09 pm
jenwill1 offline

Failed to start server..

I moved Indigo 7 over to another Imac. Copied the Indigo 7 directory over and downloaded Indigo 7 to the machine and fired it up. I don't recall if I had a server issue the first time or not.

Indigo 7 has been running fine until I reboot the computer....

It fails to find the Indigo server on startup of Indigo 7. If I go into the Start server menu, stop server and the start server it work fine.

Leads me to believe it is still looking for the server on the old machine or IP address ? Configuration issue ?

Thanks for any help on this !
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (15.17 KiB) Viewed 1134 times

Posted on
Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:40 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Failed to start server..

So you downloaded and ran the Indigo 7 installer on the new iMac after copying over the old folder? That should be fine – I just want to make sure you re-ran the installer.

Did you add Indigo to your login items, or are you using the option in Indigo's Start Local Server dialog: Auto start Indigo Server on user login?

The latter is the best way to get Indigo started on user login. It just starts the Indigo Server (which has no UI), but the client doesn't have to be running for your triggers/schedules/etc. to work. If you try to start the Indigo client on login, then there can be issues because the server may not yet be running.

Posted on
Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:46 pm
jenwill1 offline

Re: Failed to start server..

Both... I'll eliminate the login item and see how it goes.

Thanks Matt

Page 1 of 1