Clarification on License - running multiple versions/demos

Posted on
Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:47 am
spiv offline

Clarification on License - running multiple versions/demos

Can't seem to find this in the docs, so asking here:

What are the licensing terms for Indigo in respect to running multiple versions and running on more than one system?

I am planning my migration from Indigo 6 to Indigo 7. Do the licensing terms allow me to run both versions at the same time during the transition?

Also - My production installation is using Insteon with a USB PLM. A while back I picked up an Insteon USB stick with the idea of creating a demo/portable installation of Insteon using a MacBook Pro (using the USB stick only would be simpler than having a second PLM that I have to plug into an AC outlet.)

Does the Indigo license allow this? Is the license for a single running copy or per licensee allowing use on more than one computer owned by licensee?

Alteratively, If I complete the upgrade to Indigo 7 for my production system, can i run Indigo 6 as my demo system also and be license compliant?

Posted on
Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:20 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Clarification on License - running multiple versions/dem

It is intended that each Mac running Indigo Server should have its own license, the rough idea being one license per house or installation. The Indigo Client can be installed and run simultaneously on as many Macs as you want.

We generally allow multiple copies of Indigo Server to be run simultaneously during transition periods, such as what you described above.

If you need an ongoing development or demo license then please contact us with the details in a request. We handle those on a case-by-case basis.

Thanks for asking these questions!

Page 1 of 1