[ANSWERED]: 2GIG CT100 humidity reading

Posted on
Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:10 am
Vig offline

[ANSWERED]: 2GIG CT100 humidity reading

Is it possible to retrieve the humidity reading from the thermostat? I see action available under "Device Action|Thermostat Control|Get Humidity" but how do I catch the output from that?

thanks,
Vig

Posted on
Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:04 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: 2GIG CT100 humidity reading

Does Indigo show the humidity for the thermostat in the main window's device table?

If so, then sending that status command should show Indigo polling out the humidity in the Event Log, which Indigo will then store in a device state. You can then access that device state (of humidity) several ways: triggers of type device state changed, control page controls, etc.

Note you may not have to send that status request at all. Lots of Z-Wave thermostats just automatically broadcast out the temperature and humidity changes when they occur. I'm not sure if the CT100 does that or not.

Posted on
Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:06 pm
Vig offline

Re: [ANSWERED]: 2GIG CT100 humidity reading

thanks Matt.

Humidity doesn't show up in the main device window, even though I had read there is a humidity level variable on CT100 that MicasaVerde guys are able to pull.

On another note for CT100, is there a way to sync time with the thermostat?
Also how often does Indigo get updates on the status from the thermostats? Is it something that is controlled by CT100?

thanks!

Posted on
Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:57 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

From the Z-Wave->Interfaces menu try sending the thermostat the raw Z-Wave command:

0x31 0x04 0x05

then check the Event Log and see if a humidity value is returned (copy/paste the results into a reply for me please).

If the module supports the Z-Wave clock command class, then during the define/sync operation Indigo should automatically synchronize its clock with your Mac's. I know this works for the Trane Z-Wave thermostat, for example. In that case in the Event Log it shows "synced server clock to module."

Posted on
Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:37 pm
Vig offline

Hi Matt,
Here is the result returned from the CT100:

Z-Wave Debug SENT sendRawZwaveCommand: 01 0A 00 13 1C 03 31 04 05 05 FA 36
Z-Wave sent "ServerRoom Thermostat" raw command: [31 04 05]
Z-Wave Debug RCVD requestVarSensorStatus: 01 0C 00 04 00 1C 06 31 05 01 2A 02 A3 53
Z-Wave Debug . . requestVarSensorStatus: node 028, endpoint None, type 1, raw value 2A02...
Z-Wave Debug . . requestVarSensorStatus: 67.5 °F (float: 67.500000)
Z-Wave received "ServerRoom Thermostat" temperature update to 67.5 °F

As to time syncing, you are correct the thermostat gets its clock adjusted when I force to resync it with Indigo. Is there a way to automate resyncing? The thermostats don't adjust to to Daylight Savings Time and lose minutes on top of it. I didn't see any way to "schedule" the re-sync.

thanks!
Vig.

Posted on
Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:37 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Looks like the module isn't sending back the humidity despite the request for it. Unfortunately, I don't think there is going to be a way for Indigo to get it.

I think I can help you with the clock synchronization though. Try periodically (once a day at 3 AM?) executing a Schedule in Indigo that has an action to execute an embedded Python script, and copy/paste in a script like this (note you need to right-click on your thermostat to get the correct device ID to use in the script):

Code: Select all
dev_id = 1234   # change 1234 to the device ID for your thermostat

indigodt = indigo.server.getTime()
byte1 = (indigodt.isoweekday() << 5) | indigodt.hour
byte2 = indigodt.minute
payload = [0x81, 0x04, byte1, byte2]

zwavePlugin = indigo.server.getPlugin("com.perceptiveautomation.indigoplugin.zwave")
zwavePlugin.executeAction("sendRawZwaveCommand", deviceId=dev_id, props={'payload':payload})

The above isn't tested, but will probably work.

Posted on
Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:52 pm
Vig offline

thanks Matt, that worked!

Posted on
Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:30 am
bsp9493 offline

Hi guys, i know this is an old thread, but it appears one of you is familiar with the commands sent to the ct100.

My question is this.

I can set the actual device (ct100) to display and set temp in celcius, however, indigo records and displays in Fahrenheit

I have identified device parameters 1-12 and it appears that i need to make a change to parameter 10 in order to send indigo the temps in celcius.

Does anyone know what the value of the parameter is that i need to send and is parameter 10 even the one to change.

OR

is there another way i can have indigo display and retrieve and send temp values in celcius.

You help is appreciated.

Dave

Posted on
Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:31 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

I answered your second question already (you generally don't need to post the same question multiple times since it usually gets answered). It's also usually unadvisable to post a different question on an old thread - starting a new one is best (as you already did).

I don't know what param to set or what value to set it to so I'll let others chime in on that one, put please post any followups on the other thread.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1