Indigo Touch not available outside of home

Posted on
Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:05 pm
bighop offline

Indigo Touch not available outside of home

Over the weekend I moved my system to a newer Mac mini, and upgraded to Indigo 7. I see my home server when I'm at home and on the network, but when I leave its not visible. I believe I connected to reflector the correct way, but any suggestions would be great.

Also, when I look at Indigo on my computer, I see some lights on that are not and some lights off that are on... Once I trigger the switch, it reads correctly. I reset the links, but wasn't sure of there was a way to reset all links.

Posted on
Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:45 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Indigo Touch not available outside of home

First, make sure that your old Mac is not still running Indigo - that's the most common issue when sync issues happen right after Indigo gets moved (stuff is still connecting to an old instance). You can also force Indigo Touch to quit then start it up again - that will force a complete refresh from the server.

You may need to Reset your Reflector's Activation because you moved it to a new Mac.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:48 pm
bighop offline

I shut down the old Mac, it still has to be deleted?

I'll try the reset.

Posted on
Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:36 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

With the old Mac shutdown, delete the server entry from Indigo Touch (settings screen via gear icon). Then close the Indigo Touch settings screen and re-show it. If it re-appears, then that means it is showing at that point your currently running (and hopefully correct) Indigo Server on your running Mac.

Posted on
Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:21 am
bighop offline

I reset indigo touch, also double checked the firewall to make sure indigo was allowing incoming connections. It's still getting a ton of error messages. Also, with the new system, my actions for morning and evening lights are not triggering. I wonder if I should wipe 7 from my Mac mini and do a reinstall.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 5.18.02 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 5.18.02 AM.png (148.13 KiB) Viewed 1731 times

Posted on
Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:01 am
johnpolasek offline

If you are on Viasat (AKA Excede), something about the latency in their transmissions has been killing my reflector ever since they activated their new higher capacity satellite last fall. They swear they aren't blocking anything, but indigo, Kevo, and Edyn all stopped working about the same time with indications that there is some kind of authentication failure. The only way I can get to Touch from my phone or web browser from my laptop is by using VPN, which DOES still work.

Posted on
Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:03 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

This is showing that there is some type of internet or local network connectivity issue, causing the reflector connection to periodically break. Reconstructing the reflector works (the connection is automatically tested every several minutes and so there are many successes between the reported failures).

One problem, which may or may not be related is your Mac is trying to go to sleep. Make sure the system settings are set to never have the Mac sleep to see if that helps. Also restart your router and DSL/cable modem.

John is correct about the recent satellite provider changes causing problems. We are investigating workarounds for that issue.

Posted on
Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:36 am
bighop offline

Ahhhh... the Mac was set to go to sleep after a few hours. I'll reset the modem and router when I get home tonight. Thanks for all the feedback, I'm currently using a direct cable connection.

Thanks, we will see how this goes, I really want all my stuff on one Mac server.

Posted on
Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:32 pm
bighop offline

Setting the Mac not to sleep seems to have done the trick! No more error messages, and indigo touch is connecting just fine. I will also reset the router and modem just to be safe, but so far so good.

Page 1 of 1