Supported OSX versions?

Posted on
Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:11 pm
howartp offline

Supported OSX versions?

Matt/Jay,

Do you have a page anywhere which says which versions of OSX you support?

On the downloads page, it says 10.7.5 Lion or later - but I know from the forums that you don't support High Sierra.

Is Sierra (not High Sierra) officially supported now?

I ask cos I'm still on Mavericks and want to update so I can install current backup software, but before High Sierra comes out on Monday.

Peter

Posted on
Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:11 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Supported OSX versions?

High Sierra is beta, and we don't support beta releases, so what's on the website is correct (until High Sierra is released officially). We've also warned everyone that upgrading before the first couple of dot releases is generally not a wise thing to do when you have a somewhat mission-critical function. If you consider Indigo something that's critical to the operation of your house, then it's always best to wait a few releases.

We've done testing on High Sierra and have yet to find anything so we're hopeful that this release won't introduce any other issues. I'm sure we'll hear about any issues next week for those that just can't wait to cut themselves on the bleeding edge.

As for Sierra, you know that we never really announce "official" support - we "support" users running any non-beta OS release back to what we identify as minimum requirements. "Support" in this case means that if there are OS release related bugs we'll fix them once they're identified and we can reproduce them. I'm running my dev Mac on Sierra (as is Matt) and don't have any issues with Indigo and I suspect there are a lot of users doing the same. My production Mac is stuck at El Capitan so it won't get upgraded further.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:34 pm
srkinard offline

I'm cloning my Indigo mini's SSD now so I can upgrade to High Sierra from the current 10.12.6 installation.

I've run the OS since beta 1 on my laptop and I can say from other systems upgraded and tested a various times that there are some solid performance gains (Metal 2 really helps GUI) in the new version.

I have both a Time Machine backup and the clone, so if something bad happens I can roll back.

I'll post back with experiences, but unless you are well prepared and can restore to a previous backup...don't upgrade yet.

Posted on
Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:30 pm
srkinard offline

No issues I can see so far with the install. Both the Z-Stick Gen5 and PowerLinc 2413U work fine, all plugins seem to be functions. Homebuddy install still works.

Fingers crossed it stays stable.

Posted on
Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:04 pm
katiaf offline

So far so good here too with High Sierra, Zwave and Powerlink 2413U. Rachio and Alexa-Hub plugins gave some errors in the log yesterday but I just reloaded them and no more errors today.

Posted on
Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:09 am
Different Computers offline

I've had about 20 minutes to try Indigo on HS, and so far so good.

In fact, via my pretty crappy DSL link into my home, It seems MORE responsive and solid running the desktop client remotely. I only have .8 Mbps uplink from home, and HS 10.13 seems to be managing that slow connection better than 10.12 did. Just a first impression, of course!

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:15 pm
srkinard offline

I've had to force-quit the Indigo 7 application twice now where it consumes close to 100% CPU and shows Not Responding to Activity Monitor. The Indigo Server process is fine and nothing stops working, just seems like the application gets hung up.

Posted on
Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:24 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

What macOS version are you using? The next time it does that, open Activity Monitor, highlight it in the process list, click the "i" (info) button at the top left, then click the Sample button in the lower left corner. Email the resulting text to us (support@indigodomo.com) with a link to your post above.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:31 pm
srkinard offline

Jay- It's 10.13, upgraded from 10.12.6

I've got two .hang files and one .cpu_resource.diag file logged by the OS on the Force Quit if you'd like those...

I'll let it run and as soon as it replicates the behavior (if it does) I'll let you know and get the samples sent over to you.

I uninstalled the Sophos Endpoint Protection from it since it's behind my primary firewall and it was sometimes spiking the CPU too...so will see what the behavior looks like.

Thanks
Ross

Posted on
Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:51 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Yeah, email those over.

<rant>I HATE macOS updates. And I hate Apple for making it painful EVERY FRIGGN YEAR.</rant>

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:06 pm
DaveL17 offline

Funny -- you look so happy in your avatar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:17 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Ross: What Indigo plugins are you running? If you get another hang try temporarily disabling a few of those that you use to see if that makes a difference.

Posted on
Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:59 am
durosity offline

Supported OSX versions?

DaveL17 wrote:
Funny -- you look so happy in your avatar.

If I was any good at photoshop I’d map Jays face onto one of those blue things from Avatar a few years ago :)

Computer says no.

Posted on
Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:21 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

[WARNING] We have had enough reports of driver/USB issues, particularly with the PowerLinc, to post a warning to all users: it seems fairly clear that macOS High Sierra has some issues either with the FTDI driver or with USB on some Macs. We did have report of a Z-Wave interface issue but it's unclear if that's the same problem. The PowerLinc issue, however, has been reported multiple times and so we want to make it clear to users: if you upgrade to High Sierra you may well find that your PowerLinc will no longer connect.

Unlike most Mac apps, a major portion of the functionality that Indigo supports is provided through USB and drivers that are either included with macOS or through 3rd parties. When problems with these subsystems occur we generally can do nothing about them.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:32 am
jalves offline

After upgrading my Mac Mini to High Sierra I initially had the problem of my power link not connecting. Tried a couple of re-boots and no luck. Then I tried turning off the power link in Indigo, pulling the USB connection out of the computer, and then reinserting the connection to the computer. Turned on the Powerlink in Indigo and all was well.

Running Indigo 2023.2 on a 24" iMac M1), OS X 14.4
Jeff