Does DomoPad REQUIRE a reflector connector?

Posted on
Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:04 pm
johnpolasek offline

Does DomoPad REQUIRE a reflector connector?

I downloaded the minimal version just to see what the control pages look like on a "cheapie" 7" tablet I originally bot to run google sheets on at the horse barn, but found it was too small and dim to be useful for that. However, whenever after I attach to the server at the house by IP over the local network, I ghet "Unexpected Error". when I try to pull up anything ; devices, control pages, or whatever... The only thing that occurs to me is that I do not have a working reflector connection because the only internet I can get is satellite over Viacom and when they activated their newest sat last year, the latency became so great that the authentication with the reflector server times out; (the Vera and Kevo also croaked at the same time, likely for the same reason). Is this the problem, or am I setting up something wrong?

Posted on
Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:32 pm
roussell offline

Re: Does DomoPad REQUIRE a reflector connector?

It definitely does not require it, as I don’t use the reflector at all. Did you double check your IP AND port in the connection settings? Also make sure you’re not using the home/away functionality in Domopad without having set it up as it could be looking for “away” settings where there are none.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:44 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Re: Does DomoPad REQUIRE a reflector connector?

Is this the problem, or am I setting up something wrong?

Check your Settings to be sure that you only have a Home setup and that the location is set to Home and you have chosen NOT to auto-change the location. This is what was referred to in the last post, which was spot on. Now, the app shouldn't attempt to switch if the address is blank, but just to be sure turn off that auto-switch.

What tablet is this? I can see if the error was serious enough to be sent as a crash report (though this would not get sent if it is just a network error or something). Model or other identifying information would be the most helpful as it will only have very generic device info in a crash report.

Adam

Page 1 of 1