Control page display issue

Posted on
Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:43 am
berkinet offline

Control page display issue

Indigo 7.1
Domotics Pad Indigo client, V 1.6.1

I am having a problem displaying Control Pages on two separate Android phones. Graphics, labels and the page background (as black , it should be white) appear. But, none of the variable values are displayed.
control-page.png
control-page.png (40.43 KiB) Viewed 3166 times

I am using the free version of the plugin so options to adjust the Control Page settings discussed in other threads are not available. Is there something wrong, or are Control Pages simply not available at all in the free version. If that is the case, It might be better to display a message to that effect rather than the mis-formated control page.

Posted on
Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:23 am
berkinet offline

Re: Control page display issue

Verified on a 3rd phone. Note, state icons do display, just not text. Also, buttons seem to work Ok.

Posted on
Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:23 am
RogueProeliator offline

Can you go into the page for the first time, then long press to get the top bar and choose Menu -> Help -> Send Debug Report? That sounds suspiciously like an error is causing it to bail on the rendering before it is complete.

Adam

Posted on
Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:24 am
RogueProeliator offline

Oh, before you do that, please set your username for the Settings -> Error and Crash Reporting -> Unique Identifier so that I can find it.

Thanks!

Posted on
Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:21 am
berkinet offline

RogueProeliator wrote:
Oh, before you do that, please set your username for the Settings -> Error and Crash Reporting -> Unique Identifier...

Enable crash reporting requires Professional Edition. However, I just sent the debug report anyway.

Posted on
Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:53 pm
RogueProeliator offline

I am using the free version of the plugin so options to adjust the Control Page settings discussed in other threads are not available. Is there something wrong, or are Control Pages simply not available at all in the free version. If that is the case, It might be better to display a message to that effect rather than the mis-formated control page.

No, the free version should display pages just fine, you are just missing a few options to customize the applications showing of them. But nothing changes between the free version and an upgraded version whose settings have not been modified. This is just a bug or something causing it to fail to properly render.

However, I just sent the debug report anyway.

Got it -- yours was the only one submitted so easy enough. :)

On first glance, I am seeing a bunch of controls at position 0,0 (top left)... does that sound correct? I need to dive into it more, though.

Posted on
Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:31 am
berkinet offline

RogueProeliator wrote:
...Got it -- yours was the only one submitted so easy enough. :)
On first glance, I am seeing a bunch of controls at position 0,0 (top left)... does that sound correct? I need to dive into it more, though.
Thanks for looking into this. No, it doesn't sound correct to have the locations at 0,0 and the page displays correctly in the iOS app and in browsers. The black background is also odd.

Posted on
Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:40 pm
berkinet offline

berkinet wrote:
RogueProeliator wrote:
...Got it -- yours was the only one submitted so easy enough. :)
Thanks for lootking into this. No, it doesn't sound correct to have the locations at 0,0 and the page displays ctorrectly in the iOS app and in browsers. The black background is also odd.

Just checking to see if you have made any progress on this. Thanks.

Posted on
Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:19 am
RogueProeliator offline

Just checking to see if you have made any progress on this. Thanks.

No, not yet... I have it on my list of several Indigo-related things to investigate this weekend now that I am back in town. Hopefully will be in touch soon in case I find something or need a bit more information.

Adam

Posted on
Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:40 pm
RogueProeliator offline

I will delve into this some more tonight... can you possibly post an image of it showing correctly in a browser or Indigo Touch, then send the debug report again? That way I can compare and match up the values / text of the controls with the XML behind the scenes. Yours is the first report that I have seen of just the whole lot of labels showing up all out of place / not showing at all and I am having a hard time interpreting it.

Thanks!
Adam

Posted on
Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:14 pm
berkinet offline

RogueProeliator wrote:
...send the debug report again...

Done!

Posted on
Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:22 pm
berkinet offline

More info... I have verified the same issue on a separate Indigo server.

:idea: But, After playing around a bit, it seems control pages with a full background image (I.e. no white showing) display correctly. So, it appears to be an issue with white/missing background areas.

Posted on
Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:35 pm
berkinet offline

berkinet wrote:
... So, it appears to be an issue with white/missing background areas.

Yes, That's it. It turns out the values were being displayed. But, because the white/empty background was rendered as black, and the missing values were set too black text, they seemed to be missing. :oops: I should have caught this sooner.

Posted on
Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:00 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Yes, That's it. It turns out the values were being displayed. But, because the white/empty background was rendered as black, and the missing values were set too black text, they seemed to be missing. :oops: I should have caught this sooner.

It sounds like there is still a bug, or discrepancy, or something here, though. Did you explicitly set a white background color or was no selection ever made? I'm wondering if something is not rendering properly (i.e. background color) or if this is a case of different default colors between the apps or something.

Posted on
Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:26 am
berkinet offline

RogueProeliator wrote:
...It sounds like there is still a bug, or discrepancy, or something here, though. Did you explicitly set a white background color or was no selection ever made? I'm wondering if something is not rendering properly (i.e. background color) or if this is a case of different default colors between the apps or something.
Yes, there is still a bug. I just should have been able to identify the actual problem sooner. No, I did not set a background (Background=None), and that is probably the real issue. I suspect an actual "white" png used as a background would work. So, it seems DomoPad, in the absence of any instructions as to the background, is rendering a black background.