DP requesting non-existant Control Pages

Posted on
Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:33 am
Different Computers offline

DP requesting non-existant Control Pages

Originally I thought this was a server problem and discussed it at viewtopic.php?f=83&t=18635&p=141108#p141108

I've deleted some unused control pages, and renamed others. DomoPad doesn't seem to notice these changes and my Indigo log is filled with things like
Code: Select all
 WebServer                       could not find control page "Tablet Cameras"

I've cleared the control page image cache with no effect.

On another note, I restarted the Fire to see if that would stop the problem (and it did stop while it was off) and now a control page that is a camera feed glitches about 2x a minute, where before it only did so about once an hour. By glitch I mean garbled video, mixed blocks of the image, grey blocks cutting off the image, that sort of thing. The glitches are much more severe too. Any ideas about that?

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:17 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Re: DP requesting non-existant Control Pages

From your description, I would suspect there is one of a couple of things that could be happening:

1. Your server has some trigger misbehaving / firing that is asking the application to open the control page. However, I am guessing this is not the most likely of the two since it would show up in your logs as an entry showing the trigger fired.

2. There is some push notification "stuck" that keeps getting retrieved but it cannot process and is thus not getting cleared. Try this -- on the Fire, change the allowed time to change to a control page to only when on a control page, then be sure that you aren't. Hopefully the application will clear the notification without attempting to take any actions, thus clearing it out of the system.

By glitch I mean garbled video, mixed blocks of the image, grey blocks cutting off the image, that sort of thing. The glitches are much more severe too. Any ideas about that?

Since video on control pages is not directly supported, I am guessing this is a refreshing URL? If so, what is the update frequency and what size image is involved?

Adam

Posted on
Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:34 am
Different Computers offline

Seems like the errors above were a one time thing that happened immediately after restarting the Fire. Things are fine now, but it's good to know I need to be careful about renaming control pages.

For the video, I adjusted the refresh rate and things calmed down. What's odd is that before the restart it was fine with the faster refresh. Maybe something on my network was lagging.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:27 am
RogueProeliator offline

Seems like the errors above were a one time thing that happened immediately after restarting the Fire. Things are fine now, but it's good to know I need to be careful about renaming control pages.

That shouldn't generally be an issue -- nearly everything is done via IDs and thus a rename won't affect anything. Deleting control pages also should be "relatively" safe across Indigo, except if perhaps you had an existing action tied to it... a pending notification or trigger or something.

For the video, I adjusted the refresh rate and things calmed down. What's odd is that before the restart it was fine with the faster refresh. Maybe something on my network was lagging.

How were you displaying video - with a refreshing URL? Very early on I noticed there was an issue where downloading a refreshing image was taking longer than the refresh and would sometimes result in a slightly garbled image. I never could reproduce it in debug well enough to determine if the issue was that the server was replacing the image while the app was still downloading so it aborted or if the app was aborting it and trying again (either resulting in a partial image which looks garbled).

I haven't had time to devote to the app lately, but one thing high on the list is some control page improvements including, potentially, displaying live video feed and web content in an iframe-like state. I'm waiting on my bribe from Terry, though. LOL (One note, video in the proposed design will NOT ever go through the reflector so as to ensure we don't eat up bandwidth, but I am pretty sure you have this Fire only in house anyway).

Posted on
Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:37 am
roussell offline

RogueProeliator wrote:
... web content in an iframe-like state. I'm waiting on my bribe from Terry, though.

Give me a PayPal address, and hurry before Durosity changes his online banking password.

Terry

Posted on
Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:08 am
RogueProeliator offline

Give me a PayPal address, and hurry before Durosity changes his online banking password.

... and now we know what you decided to do with all that extra computing power that you had in the garage. Of course, I seriously doubt durosity's password was hard to crack - it was probably something like "trollking".

Posted on
Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:39 am
roussell offline

RogueProeliator wrote:
... and now we know what you decided to do with all that extra computing power that you had in the garage.

Want one of them? I have a DL980 gathering dust. If you can find a way to get it from B'ham it's yours, in exchange for a little iframe-action, that is! :wink:

...Of course, I seriously doubt durosity's password was hard to crack - it was probably something like "trollking".

"J@yMart!n" actually... :lol:

In all seriousness - if you setup a PayPal, there will be a little something heading your way, OR create a "ExtraProfessional" version for the Android market with a iframe display in it and up-charge for it. It's worth it!!!

I was actually thinking about this over the weekend, while cooking in the Alabama heat doing yard work - guess I was delirious... Anyway, what if Domopad looked for an image on a control page (called "iframe_www.weblocation.com.png", or something of the sort) and when you saw that image name, you'd replace it with an iframe of the same size and location on the CP as the placeholder image and display the contents of the site mentioned in the image name? Perhaps to start with, just global options on how to handle overflow, iframe borders, etc. Personally, I'd like the iframe to be completely borderless and transparent/invisible so that if I display text & images in it, the CP "parent" background will be visible, unless the webpage I specify has it's own background color/image obviously... Others may want something different, but it is MY bribe, after all... 8)

Terry

Posted on
Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:02 am
durosity offline

No no no my password is m3&jays1tt1ng1natr33k1551ng. Also my bank account looks like the remnants of the ‘29 crash so good luck bribing anyone. Although that said I do own half of Jays house.. I wonder how much it’s worth........

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Computer says no.

Posted on
Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:11 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Anyway, what if Domopad looked for an image on a control page (called "iframe_www.weblocation.com.png", or something of the sort) and when you saw that image name, you'd replace it with an iframe of the same size and location on the CP as the placeholder image and display the contents of the site mentioned in the image name?

I haven't actually coded this up yet, but I have a basic design... What I am thinking is that I will create a new Device Type which represents web content on control pages. In the settings for the device, we could setup various parameters - the URL, possibly border options, etc.

Then in the control page, you select to display a state of the device as an image. IT would just display whatever placeholder image you selected, where as DomoPad would "intercept" the image, use its dimensions, and display a WebView in its place.

And I am thinking video could work the same way. Thoughts?

Posted on
Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:26 pm
roussell offline

I like the device concept, much better than my hacked-up idea! Would you even need to anything separate for video? If my URL is a video stream (or a webpage with a video stream), wouldn't that work the same as other web content in the web view window?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:39 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Would you even need to anything separate for video? If my URL is a video stream (or a webpage with a video stream), wouldn't that work the same as other web content in the web view window?

Perhaps not at first -- but there is already a video feed device in the plugin that can show a security camera from the Devices list. The main advantage is that if we knew it was a video feed that there could be a full screen button. I don't think that would work easily with the Web View as I suspect a full screen button on a video feed in there would only go to full screen within the bounds of the web view. Might be worth a test, though.

Adam

Page 1 of 1