Log view

Posted on
Thu May 11, 2017 12:22 am
rhanson offline

Log view

Here's a question I've been wondering about for a couple years, since the beta of this thing. While I find this app indispensable, using it many times a day, I can never seem to the Indigo Log view to work.

Usually, clicking on the Log icon goes to the log display, where the little spinner spins indefinitely, and tiny and fast (as opposed to the normally sized, slowly turning indicator). It never seems to get the payload it's requesting from the plugin, and just sits there. Doesn't time out, either. Going back to the menu and into the log again gets something to display.

When it does display, I get about a few minutes of log data, and then the log view repeats that same set of data infinitely if I scroll (scrolling down to the end triggers another data fetch, what's shown is the same set, over and over).

Refresh (pulling down) always works to get the latest.

Attached is a screenshot taken as I write this. You can see where it "rolls over" to start showing the "top" of the log.

Anyone else seeing this?

As I said, this is just a curiosity. The app is very helpful; thanks for building it!!
Attachments
2017-05-11 06.10.32.png
This is apparently the world's largest screen shot. I'll call the Guinness Book people.
2017-05-11 06.10.32.png (197.78 KiB) Viewed 1257 times

Posted on
Thu May 11, 2017 7:44 am
RogueProeliator offline

Re: Log view

What version of Android are you running? I have experienced a few quirks with the Log view in the past - or at least the continuous load. I think that must be a bug in the "infinite scroll" feature where in it has trouble loading the log info and just gets in a loop. However, I am not sure that I have seen the duplication over and over of the log entries. I'll take a look with an emulator on your specific Android version to see if I can narrow it down. It is very possible that this would occur to others at times but the log view is quite rarely used from that I gather. (Still want it to work, though!)

Posted on
Thu May 11, 2017 11:54 pm
rhanson offline

Re: Log view

I see it on both Lollipop and Marshmallow. I have a Nougat device somewhere, I'll try it as well.

Page 1 of 1