1.60 as Launcher

Posted on
Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:11 pm
roussell offline

Re: 1.60 as Launcher

RogueProeliator wrote:
Hmm, I don't know about purchasing apps from the store via Fire -- there certainly isn't anything particular about the Pro update (versus other apps)... but I don't use a Fire. Terry, know anything about this limitation?

My initial purchase of Domopad Pro was from a non-Fire android device, so I'm not sure. I have purchased other Android apps using Google Play on the Fire tablets though, so I wouldn't suspect there to be a problem.

RogueProeliator wrote:
I've seen at least one root tool that claims to remove ads from the lock screen, but never anything that completely removes the lock screen; I don't pay TOO much attention to the fire, but I suspect if anyone had a removal option then Terry would have known about it.

Sadly, there is no known way to disable the lock-screen without rooting. For the past several versions of FireOS, there has been no way to root the device without bricking it completely, that holds true for the current 5.4.0.0 version shipping as of June 2017. I wish that Amazon would allow the lock screen to be disabled on devices that have had the ad-removal fee paid. As I've mentioned before, the lock-screen (and even the lock-screen ads) are a minor annoyance, but in my case once the tablet has launched DomoPad, that or another app stays active and it's never noticed unless the power goes out.

Terry

Posted on
Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:50 pm
Different Computers offline

I was able to buy and load DomoPad via the Play store by following online directions for getting the GP store on the Fire. No rooting.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:16 am
kwijibo007 offline

RogueProeliator wrote:
I think I read somewhere that you couldn't purchase the pro version from the side-loaded Google Play store? I had no problem doing this.

Hmm, I don't know about purchasing apps from the store via Fire -- there certainly isn't anything particular about the Pro update (versus other apps)... but I don't use a Fire. Terry, know anything about this limitation?

Sorry Guys, I think I've confused everyone. I meant to say that I had no issues at all purchasing the pro version on the Fire. I thought I had read elsewhere that it may be an issue. I wanted to report that all is fine... clearly I was the only one who thought it was a problem!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:23 am
kwijibo007 offline

roussell wrote:
Sadly, there is no known way to disable the lock-screen without rooting. For the past several versions of FireOS, there has been no way to root the device without bricking it completely, that holds true for the current 5.4.0.0 version shipping as of June 2017. I wish that Amazon would allow the lock screen to be disabled on devices that have had the ad-removal fee paid. As I've mentioned before, the lock-screen (and even the lock-screen ads) are a minor annoyance, but in my case once the tablet has launched DomoPad, that or another app stays active and it's never noticed unless the power goes out.

Thanks Terry, As you say, it's mildly annoying but a small price to pay for a wife-proof Indigo tablet!

Pete

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk