Feature Request

Posted on
Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:13 am
norcoscia offline

Feature Request

Hi, Adam - I'm not sure this is possible since I'm really not an Android user most of the time. But I do use your app on small inexpensive phones in my house as one way to control my INDIGO system. The functionally I'm interested in would allow me to use these devices in bedrooms.

Right now I don't have anything in any bedrooms since light is a big issue with phones and pads at night. I do have an apple watch on a charger next to my bed, at night the display is totally off unless I reach over and move/nudge the charging stand. When I do, a digital clock appears for about ten seconds and then the watch face goes black again.

I was thinking if you had a way to do the same thing with DomoPad I could 3D print some bedside stands. Then leave it on the clock page which would only surface if the stand/phone was moved. It would also be nice if that page could be called automatically by time of day (TOD) or action. It would also be good if the clock screen had a button on it that surface with the clock so another control screen could be invoked if needed, regardless of the TOD.

Just a request, I understand it might not be possible or interesting but if it is it would be a nice new bit of functionally for me.

Thanks again for developing DomoPad - it is saving me $$$$ since android devices are much less expensive compared to apple....

_______
Norm

Posted on
Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:33 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Re: Feature Request

You can just about achieve that now - though the success rate will depend upon your tablet -- some of the cheaper Android tablets do not properly dim... still, this might work. Here is what you would do:

1. In the device's setting, tell the display to never dim (always on). Some devices may requires that you enable developer settings to get it set
  2. Create your clock control page... as it would appear when "shown full brightness". There are a couple of LED plugins here that might help you create what basically is a digital clock
  3. In the Domotics Pad app settings, set the control page dim time & dim level. Turn off facial recognition / wake.
  4. The latest beta of DomoPad will allow Indigo to request a certain control page to display via action, so setup schedule to show the clock page when desired
  5. Try it out and see what kind of success you get...

Adam

Posted on
Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:15 am
norcoscia offline

Re: Feature Request

Thanks, Adam, I'll give it a try!

_______
Norm

Page 1 of 1