Wrong icon on control page in DomoPad

Posted on
Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:44 pm
rom1011 offline

Wrong icon on control page in DomoPad

Hello,
I have one control page that shows the status of alarm zones from the ad2usb plugin.
It works fine in the web view and the iOS client but DomoPad shows all zones green.
If I use "As Text" in the control page then the values show as "false" or "true".
I do have icons for alarm.png, alarm+false.png, alarm+true.png and alarm+on.png.
DomoPad only shows the alarm.png icon.

BTW the iOS client only requires r alarm.png and alarm+on.png.

Am I missing something?

Thanks
-Roland

Posted on
Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:36 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Re: Wrong icon on control page in DomoPad

I do have icons for alarm.png, alarm+false.png, alarm+true.png and alarm+on.png.
DomoPad only shows the alarm.png icon.

Rename the alarm.png to alarm+.png and select that within the Control Page Editor, then it should work on all platforms.

Adam

Posted on
Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:14 am
rom1011 offline

Hmm - just tried your suggestion.
Trial 1: Only Alarm+.png and Alarm+on.png (no Alarm.png). Web and iOS app only show the +on. DomoPad shows nothing
Trial 2: Alarm.png, Alarm+.png and Alarm+on.png. Web and iOS app work correctly. DomoPad shows the Alarm.png icon (I created three different icons for this test) for all zone (faulted and not-faulted).
I did clear the image cache on DomoPad between tests.

Posted on
Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:33 am
rom1011 offline

I got it to work. I need 4 icons to have it working on all platforms:
Alarm, Alarm+, Alarm+on, Alarm+true
And I need (as you stated) to select the Alarm+ in the Control Panel editor

Is this expected>

Thanks a lot for your hints!

Posted on
Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:21 am
RogueProeliator offline

I got it to work. I need 4 icons to have it working on all platforms:
Alarm, Alarm+, Alarm+on, Alarm+true
And I need (as you stated) to select the Alarm+ in the Control Panel editor

Is this expected>

The first image (Alarm.png) is not necessary once you have changed the selection to the Alarm+.png image... Domotics Pad won't ever see or display the non-plus one. There is some possibility that you had some images caches on the client, though -- I should have pointed out (and will here now in case this comes up again!) that you can clear the cache on Android via the menu on the Control Pages Listing screen.

Glad you got it working!

Posted on
Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:14 pm
rom1011 offline

Thanks a lot again. Will try without the Alarm.png tonight.

How about the +on vs +true. DomoPad seems to require the +true while Web + iOS app require a +on

Posted on
Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:37 pm
RogueProeliator offline

How about the +on vs +true. DomoPad seems to require the +true while Web + iOS app require a +on

That's not quite accurate - I think what you are seeing there is due to your first test... things behave differently whenever you use the + versus the non-plus version (which Domotics Pad does not support).

Basically, Indigo Touch and the web have some form of implied heuristics that can do simple image selections such as on/off and true/false. This is invoked whenever you have an image WITHOUT a + sign to end the name. Domotics Pad does not support this method/version (it was the "old" way prior to about Indigo v4, Domotics Pad wasn't around then).

Domotics Pad supports the more precise image heuristics as described in the Wiki. In this method, which is triggered with the use of the image with a trailing + sign, the server will attempt a direct match of the value after the plus sign, then the server will make other attempts if no exact match occurs. This method comes from the server and should behave the same on all clients.

Posted on
Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:15 pm
rom1011 offline

You nailed it! It works with just the Alarm+.png and the Alarm+true.png
You just cleared the last hurdle on my way to a personalized touch interface to my home automation system with the need to spend 500+$ on an iOS device. Will only need $10 for a DomoPad pro license. Thanks a lot - appreciate that.

Posted on
Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:28 pm
RogueProeliator offline

You just cleared the last hurdle on my way to a personalized touch interface to my home automation system with the need to spend 500+$ on an iOS device. Will only need $10 for a DomoPad pro license. Thanks a lot - appreciate that.

Appreciate your upgrade too! I have some more features planned for the "console" style interfaces (those dedicated to control pages) in the very near future too... so stay tuned!

Posted on
Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:07 am
rom1011 offline

Just got my pro license :D
Looking forward to more features.

Page 1 of 1