Push Notifications crash :(

Posted on
Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:05 am
T-Power offline

Push Notifications crash :(

Hello,

This morning I upgraded to the Pro version.
I am trying to access push notifications but cannot go beyond that setting because my device crashes.

Here is how far I get within the app: settings-->push notifications--> crash!

I have rebooted my device several times and cleared the cache, but still the same crash upon trying to access push notification.

The Indigo log reads:
Domotics Pad Mobile Client ErrorReceived status update for unknown device with Pairing ID:(my paired device)

The plugin has been restarted by with the same results

Any tips would be appreciated.

T.I.A.

MacMini 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 16GB DDR3
Indigo Pro 2022.1 macOS Mojave 10.14.6

Posted on
Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:27 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Re: Push Notifications crash :(

Hmm, I found an error in the error logs which must be you as it is when opening or resuming that settings screen. It looks like there was a ringtone assigned at one point which is no longer valid and I am failing to trap that issue. You can probably uninstall and reinstall, but I can get a fix out pretty quickly for that. Are you signed up to receive betas of the application (there was a link I posted a while back for that)?

If so, or you want to sign up, I could stick a build out there in beta for you that should hopefully fix that up.

Adam

Posted on
Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:06 am
howartp offline

(Off topic)

Adam, I don't think anyone has commented on this before, so I will - I am super impressed by the fine detailed REMOTE logging you have in this plugin, whilst not compromising anyone's privacy or security.

Every time a bug is logged, you can see exactly the device, what area of the app the user was in, which button they were pressing and what colour shoes they were wearing for tea last night, enabling you to very very quickly identify the problem, such as in this thread.

Most apps/applications (tablet or desktop), if they have any logging in at all, require the user to actively find the log files and send them through and even then they're just 'error in doThis() on line 123: I didn't like that answer" which is next to useless.

Bravo!

(Back on topic)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:44 am
T-Power offline

Hello Adam,

Thanks for the response.
Amazing detail of what you can see!
I think I may have signed up for the beta, I was an excited beta user but cannot recall if I simply downloaded from the site or if it alerted me via the cellphone.

Thanks

Posted on
Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:42 pm
T-Power offline

Hello again,

Can you please share the exact path for changing the alert ringtone from within the app?
I keep missing it.

T.I.A.

Posted on
Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:09 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Try signing up for the beta releases and hopefully you should get v1.3.3 (might take a little time for it to get down to you). You can opt in for the beta release here:
https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.duncanware.domoPad

The ringtone selection is on the notifications screen - you aren't able to get to it / see it because of the crash.

Adam

Posted on
Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:53 am
T-Power offline

Thanks Adam!
It worked perfectly! :D

Page 1 of 1