"Problem to connect to Indigo Server"

Posted on
Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:34 am
MarcoGT offline

"Problem to connect to Indigo Server"

Hi Adam,

last weekend I played a little bit with the Android Tablet I have mounted on the wall; as it is not permanently connected to power, battery can be drained very quickly.
So I rooted the device, I disabled a lot of services (almost all, Google Play, Wallet, Updates and so on) and since then, sometimes (very rarely) I get "There was a problem to connect to Indigo Server".
I see the error only when I wake the devices from sleep, never seen when using it but I was it not so often.
But when it happens, device is working without any problem, control page is updated normally.

Bye,
Marco

PS: I have sent you an e-mail last weekend, did you get it?

Thanks
Marco

Posted on
Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:08 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Re: "Problem to connect to Indigo Server"

What you are seeing is that the tablet is waking the application but the network connection is taking a moment to re-establish itself... so the application is attempting to contact Indigo and failing, but it will keep trying and (as you have seen) will end up connecting just as soon as the network is fully up and available. I suspect what you are seeing is that most of the time the network is popping back in quickly, but occasionally there is a small delay, such as reacquiring an IP lease, that causes that message.

I have it on my list to try and figure out a better way to avoid showing the error on the first attempt or something, but since functionality is not usually affected and it rarely occurs it hasn't been a very high priority.

I'm still catching up from the weekend (was traveling) but just replied to your email a few minutes ago.

Adam

Page 1 of 1