DomoPad Mobile Client Error

Posted on
Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:31 pm
andarv offline

DomoPad Mobile Client Error

Hi,

I'm starting to get a lot of errors regarding a character. I guess it might depend on that I'm from Sweden and sometimes uses the characters å,ä and ö. I have made sure that none of the phones are uses that character. But I don't know where to look further?

Anyone who has any idea of whats wrong? I don't really notice any problems though

DomoPad Mobile Client Error Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/DomoPad Mobile Client.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/RPFramework/RPFrameworkPlugin.py", line 709, in runConcurrentThread
File "plugin.py", line 139, in handleUnknownPluginCommand
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/urllib.py", line 1281, in urlencode
<type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe4' in position 2: ordinal not in range(128)

DomoPad Mobile Client Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

Posted on
Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:18 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Re: DomoPad Mobile Client Error

That would be a slight issue with my handling of unicode (non-US alphabetic) characters. The plugin is actually handling it okay, but then it is failing when passing it along to an outside library which does not support them. My fault, I should have converted the names before handing it off -- I'll make a change and get a new version out to fix it shortly.

Adam

Posted on
Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:23 am
andarv offline

Tnx for the fast response.
As of right now I'm not sure if there is any problem that has any affect on my system.

Skickat från min HTC One_M8 via Tapatalk

Posted on
Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:08 am
torstein89 offline

Thanks both Andarv, for feedback on this issue, and Adam for making a fix! I've also encountered problems with Norwegian special characters and made quick fix by just typing non special letters in my push notifications.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Posted on
Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:13 pm
andarv offline

Hi Adam,

I just upgraded your plugin to v2.1.0 and think I encountered a similar error with non-US characters as previously. Is it possible to fix or should I continue renaming my devices =) I'm half way there but it's kind of nice having my notifications in swedish instead of english.

Code: Select all
   Z-Wave Error                    Error in plugin execution:

File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/PlugIns/serialinterface.py", line 501, in startCommThread
    self.processCommThread()
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/PlugIns/serialinterface.py", line 700, in processCommThread
    self.logError(str(exc))
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe4' in position 17: ordinal not in range(128)

/Anders

Posted on
Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:22 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Foreign characters should be completely supported for push notifications... I just sent myself my test notification with several non-English characters and they came through successfully. Therefore, could you please turn debugging to high, restart the plugin, and re-send that notification that is failing? We should be able to get you fixed up as it must just be a small (different than before) bug somewhere...

Posted on
Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:20 pm
andarv offline

Hi,

Just reporting back that the problem seem to to be gone, most likely it was something I did which caused it to malfunction. To be precise it occurred at the start up of the plugin so I don't think it had anything to do with notification or anything.

Tanx again,

Anders

Posted on
Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:14 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Just reporting back that the problem seem to to be gone, most likely it was something I did which caused it to malfunction. To be precise it occurred at the start up of the plugin so I don't think it had anything to do with notification or anything.

Oh, I just noticed something... hadn't paid attention before, but that error is not coming from Domotics Pad plugin, it is from Z-Wave.

Posted on
Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:48 am
andarv offline

Aha, yes I see that to now. It was an overall sloppy bug report...

I'll have to check the logg and see what happened before and after.

Posted on
Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:21 pm
andarv offline

Don't know what happened when I posted that error logg, it had nothing to do with your plugin... My mind obviously didn't connect the dots correctly... As you pointed out It was something in the Zwave interface that failed.

The reason I posted was because I upgraded to 2.1.0 and doing so I got a few red lines in the logg, but as stated above it works without any problems and doesn't generate any errors any more.

This was one of them.
Code: Select all
2017-02-14 21:56:49.183   Domotics Pad Mobile Client Error   Error in plugin execution:

File "plugin.py", line 88, in startup
    self.socketServer = ThreadedTCPServer((host, port), ThreadedTCPRequestHandler)
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/SocketServer.py", line 420, in __init__
    self.server_bind()
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/SocketServer.py", line 434, in server_bind
    self.socket.bind(self.server_address)
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/socket.py", line 228, in meth
    return getattr(self._sock,name)(*args)
error: [Errno 48] Address already in use

/
Anders

Posted on
Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:57 pm
RogueProeliator offline

The reason I posted was because I upgraded to 2.1.0 and doing so I got a few red lines in the logg, but as stated above it works without any problems and doesn't generate any errors any more.

That will occasionally happen when upgrading if it fails to shut down the old plugin fast enough... nothing to worry about although I generally do a restart on the plugin after the upgrade if I get that message. I do have some changes to come down the line that should help prevent that in the future, though as you have seen there aren't really any significant side effects.

Adam

Page 1 of 1