LG G3 International Error

Posted on
Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:27 pm
RogueProeliator offline

LG G3 International Error

I'm detecting an error from a user of an LG G3 (International version)... if that is you, please let me know as I would be happy to troubleshoot it with you.

Adam

Posted on
Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:27 pm
sqhead offline

Re: LG G3 International Error

HI there Adam, that's probably me.

Up until a few days ago the app has been working great. Then I upgraded my phone's firmware to Android 6 (Marshmallow) and now there seems to be a problem.
After entering all the details for the server, username, and password, the app returns "error retrieving server information, check your login and try again......"

Happy to provide further information or try other things you might suggest.

Thanks
Fernando

Posted on
Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:07 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Up until a few days ago the app has been working great. Then I upgraded my phone's firmware to Android 6 (Marshmallow) and now there seems to be a problem.
After entering all the details for the server, username, and password, the app returns "error retrieving server information, check your login and try again......"

Okay, the obvious implication is that LG has either omitted or changed something with their 6.0 implementation... I have it running on a Nexus 7 that has been upgraded to Marshmallow and it is running fine. The error is very strange - like it cannot do Digest Authentication in the standard manner. Would you mind doing a real quick test and disable authentication (turn off the password completely) and see if the application can connect okay? OBVIOUSLY don't leave it this way, I just want to make sure that the issue is limited to the authentication.

Can't promise it will be easy, but we should be able to get you back going again!

Adam

Posted on
Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:33 am
sqhead offline

Thanks Adam
Works with authentication disabled and now also works after I re-enable authentication back again on the server (both home and away modes). May be temporary I'm guessing as I haven't tried yet clearing the app data and reconnecting . I try this and let you know.
Fernando

Posted on
Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:03 pm
RogueProeliator offline

May be temporary I'm guessing as I haven't tried yet clearing the app data and reconnecting . I try this and let you know.

Please do let me know if it happens again... it's also possible that something in the upgrade process caused the issue and re-setting up the client somehow "started fresh."

Adam

Posted on
Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:49 pm
sqhead offline

I just reset the app and it worked first go without any user information...not what I was expecting.
There must of been something not quite right with the authentication process of the Indigo server after I initially disabled and then re-abled it for the first test.
So I restarted the server and entered a new user name and password and now it no longer works.

I guess we're back to where we started, sorry for the bum steer.

Page 1 of 1