DomoPad Beta Version Program

Posted on
Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:40 am
RogueProeliator offline

DomoPad Beta Version Program

I am opening up a beta program for those that want to get in on releases early... this beta program is run through the normal Google Play Store and will update on your device normally as would "full release" versions. The Play Store has three levels for applications - Alpha, Beta, and Release. By default, everyone is on release unless you sign up for the beta program below. Alpha is reserved for my personal devices so that I dog-food my own application changes before releasing them to others. Therefore, any release you receive on the beta program is installed and in use on my personal (including everyday device) first.

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/co ... re.domoPad

Once you sign up, you should receive the beta (and any subsequent betas) until you opt-out of the program via the same link.

Current Beta: v1.2.0

You need to update your Indigo Plugin to take full advantage of the changes

• Italian translation added (still needs to be reviewed by my tester, this is the first he will see it)
  • Expanded the DomoPad name to Domotics Pad. Long story, bullsh!t story, but whatever.
  • Enabled ability to send device status back to Indigo - including location and device info. I will work with Mike on getting this into a unified iFindDevices type interface so you can have all your devices managed in one spot / one map / whatever.

Adam

Posted on
Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:50 pm
polycron offline

Re: DomoPad Beta Version Program

Is anyone getting the following error:

Code: Select all
Started plugin "DomoPad Mobile Client 1.0.15"
  DomoPad Mobile Client           Performing update of DomoPads IWS plugin...
  DomoPad Mobile Client           Source IWS directory: /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/DomoPad Mobile Client.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/AndroidClientHelper
  DomoPad Mobile Client           Target IWS directory: /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/IndigoWebServer/plugins/AndroidClientHelper
  DomoPad Mobile Client Error     ERROR: Source directory not found!  AndroidClientHelper IWS plugin install could not complete.
  DomoPad Mobile Client Error     exception in deviceStartComm(Deb Phone): exceptions must be classes or instances, not unicode
  DomoPad Mobile Client Error     exception in deviceStartComm(House Phone): exceptions must be classes or instances, not unicode
  DomoPad Mobile Client Error     exception in deviceStartComm(House Tablet): exceptions must be classes or instances, not unicode
  DomoPad Mobile Client Error     exception in deviceStartComm(Jeff): exceptions must be classes or instances, not unicode
  DomoPad Mobile Client Error     exception in deviceStartComm(Jeff Phone): exceptions must be classes or instances, not unicode
  DomoPad Mobile Client Error     exception in deviceStartComm(Jeff Tablet): exceptions must be classes or instances, not unicode
  DomoPad Mobile Client           Your plugin version, v1.0.15, is current.

Jeff

Posted on
Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:11 pm
RogueProeliator offline

What Indigo and OS version are you running?

Posted on
Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:38 pm
polycron offline

Indigo 6.1.4

Jeff

Posted on
Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:57 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Looking back at the error, it looks like it isn't finding the path... check to make sure the plugin didn't get installed into a directory with a "-2" or something on the end. Might can turn on debug for the plugin and reload it if the directory isn't strangely named.

Adam

Posted on
Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:31 pm
polycron offline

That did it, thanks.

Jeff

Posted on
Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:38 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Beta v1.4.0 Posted
For those interested and on the beta channel (see the first post to sign up if you want to try out the beta versions), I have updated the application to v1.4.0. This update has been a LONG time in coming - between changing jobs, development device dying, and a Google update breaking my development platform... it has been interesting.

Major Changes:
  • Application updated to Android 6.0 compatibility
  • Permissions will now be requested first time they are needed (v6.0+)
  • Improved reliability of Indigo Status Updater's location reporting capability
  • More accurate "current location" set during geofence creation

For those who found their geofences to be less than accurate, you might try recreating them with this version. When creating the geofence in prior versions, Domotics Pad asked Android for your last known location and accepted what the system provided (for the center point). This new version will wait a couple of additional seconds to see if it will get a finer resolution whenever the first version provided has a low accuracy rating.

Adam

Page 1 of 1