DomoPad to iOS

Would you support porting DomoPad to iOS devices?

Posted on
Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:01 pm
jvice offline

DomoPad to iOS

Hi all! I am new to the forums but not to the Indigo software. My wife uses Rogue's excellent client on her Galaxy S5, but I use an iPhone. I am jealous! I have been trying to convince Rogue to port his client to iOS (via email) but not too successfully. I want to show him that there is support for this! He gave permission to post this poll but wanted me to be clear that he had not agreed to do this or a Kickstarter (my idea.)

- Jeff

Posted on
Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:24 am
durosity offline

Re: DomoPad to iOS

It is a lovely bit of software he's designed there.. though i am curious what Matt & Jay are going to bring to IndigoTouch with Indigo 7. It'd be a shame if someone were to develop an app only to find it made obsolete shortly afterwards.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:28 pm
RogueProeliator offline

That's kind of been my contention - DomoPad has a bunch of additional functionality, but I would assume that Indigo Touch at some point would get at least some of the features, depending upon what Matt & Jay deemed important to the iOS platform. Also, people don't realize that porting code takes a LOT of work - not like you just pull up a new code editor and change a few things here or there!

Posted on
Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:38 pm
SpencerJRoberts offline

I'm all for this but the above concerns are very real. If Matt and Jay's app got native geo-fencing like in DomoPad it would make the iOS users in my house very happy (and me, since I'm responsible for coding their presence tracking!).

Posted on
Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:41 am
durosity offline

DomoPad to iOS

Personally I feel it'd be best if they hired someone to work on their mobile clients, allowing Matt and Jay to concentrate their efforts on the core product.. But naturally that'd cost a lot and it's debatable as to its cost effectiveness. And of course nobody knows their business any better than they do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:21 am
SpencerJRoberts offline

Definitely agree on all points

Posted on
Tue May 23, 2017 8:41 am
Different Computers offline

Control Page push notification is the big thing that IT is missing for me, when I compare it to DomoPad.

On the other hand, I kinda doubt the next version of IT will run on my iPad 1s.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Tue May 23, 2017 5:40 pm
durosity offline

The current version doesn’t either. I’m curious as to if it’ll still support the iPad 2 or 3 or mini 1 as I have those littering my walls.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Tue May 23, 2017 6:42 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

The next release of Indigo Touch is likely to require iOS 9+. On the iPhone line that goes back to the iPhone 4S (but not 4), On the iPod line that is back to the iPod Touch 5G, and on iPad line that goes back to iPad 2 (and includes all Minis)

Posted on
Tue May 23, 2017 7:10 pm
Different Computers offline

Duh, yeah, I had forgotten I had to download an older version of IT for my iPad 1's. Glad that version still works with I7!

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Wed May 24, 2017 4:57 am
durosity offline

Handy info Matt, thanks.

Anyone want to buy a 1st gen iPad and a couple of iPod touch gen 4s?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Computer says no.

Page 1 of 1