Feature request

Posted on
Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:55 pm
lochnesz offline

Feature request

Hi Adam,

Would it be possible to make DomoPad more kiosk like? I am thinking of some kind of PIN code protection for changing settings, but also when leaving the control page view mode. For example when you are in control page view and swipe right to access the menu, a PIN code may be needed to be entered to leave the control page view. Not that I don't trust my family and friends, but I would not like them to mess around in DomoPad and Indigo except with what I present on the control pages :D

It would also be great to have a complete Android kiosk mode, having a tablet locked down to only run DomoPad. I believe that there was a discussion way back, and that there might be some Andriod OS issues with this, something with the OS launcher?

Thanks!

Peter

Posted on
Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:51 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Re: Feature request

Yes, there are a couple of things planned to make DomoPad into the ultimate Indigo kiosk platform... :) Ability to set up a PIN code to exit control pages is definitely on there as is investigating the ability to run the application in a single-app / kiosk style mode. The latter was enabled only in Lollipop IIRC, so wouldn't be available on earlier platforms, unfortunately... and even then I have not honestly investigated it enough to know how well it works or how difficult it would be to implement. The PIN will make it in there for sure, though... along with, hopefully, a few surprises to enhance kiosk operations... :)

Adam

Page 1 of 1