v1.0.1 Released to Play Store

Posted on
Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:51 am
RogueProeliator offline

v1.0.1 Released to Play Store

I am pleased to announce that, after over a year-and-a-half of development, DomoPad has graduated from its beta tag; v1.0.1 has been released to the Google Play Store!

All current beta versions will expire at the end of this month (I believe) and you should re-install from the Google Play Store. All updates will now come directly from the store via the normal application update procedures. Note that you may have to uninstall the current version, I am not sure if the Play Store will overwrite a manually-installed application or not. Regardless, the "cleanest" method would be to uninstall the current before visiting the store.

Packaging for the store involved some complex re-processing of the application, but I had about ten installations from various users up and running for a brief, un-announced beta period and only one issue was identified (and subsequently fixed.) If you have any problems or crashes at all, please let me know here as this forum will continue to be the primary support conduit.

Download DomoPad on the PlayStore

N.B. If you don't use the Google Play Store for some reason (e.g. your device does not have/support Google Play Services), please contact me directly at adam.d.ashe@gmail.com and I'll see what we can do to support alternate options that will work for you such as the Amazon App Store.

Thanks!
Adam

Posted on
Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:15 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: v1.0.1 Released to Play Store

Congrats Adam! We are really excited it is out of beta and available on the Google Play Store!

Posted on
Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:05 pm
roussell offline

It works great too!! Got my ultimate upgrade!!! Thanks Adam, this is perfect!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:09 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Thanks, Terry, much appreciated!

Posted on
Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:26 am
rhanson offline

Cha-ching. Thanks for building this!

Posted on
Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:00 am
pantalones offline

Congratulations! It's been a pleasure to be part of your beta. It is incredible how superior this app is to indigo's iOS app and I hope they take some cues from it (or just hire you to adapt domopad to iOS)

Your app is one of the reasons I stay on android.

Edit: here's my $25 :)

Posted on
Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:36 am
polycron offline

Thanks for all your efforts on this app. It's appreciated by myself and my family. It is probably the main reason I haven't moved on to a more android friendly appliance/software. I feel I now have the best of both worlds with my Mac as well as my android phone/tablets.

$25 done and another $25 for the wife's phone coming in the morning.

Jeff

Posted on
Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:52 am
RogueProeliator offline

Thanks to each and every one of you for not only the upgrade but also the kind words! It has been a labor of love of multiple hundreds of hours, I suspect, and if I even just break even on hardware costs I will be ecstatic. I'm just proud that others are finding it useful and a good program... and I have some neat things planned for the future too!

If you guys haven't already, please consider leaving a rating and/or review on the store as it may help the app show higher in the listings... Always a small chance that someone looking for home automation will see DomoPad and investigate Indigo as an option which will ultimately benefit us all!

Thanks again!
Adam

Posted on
Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:09 pm
pantalones offline

Hey Adam...

Just a few notes. Not sure if you remember me, but i got in touch about updating w/flat icons, material style, etc while i was still working in google UX...I've since left and want to offer this advice:

Nobody will find your app organically, especially in the yard sale known as the Google Play Store. There's just too much garbage on there and for a small niche app like yours it would take a long time to rise to the top organically.

There is a good chance people will find it through this forum, but even then, it might be worth some of that early ($25 * early adopter) to build a simple wordpress or squarespace site highly targeted for SEO for things like "android home automation" or "android indigo domotics" and then abundant links to the play store on it.

I would even see if there is a way of working with indigo to perhaps get them to promote your app to their users via marketing email, since it is in their best interest to support all the platforms users want and your app does that well. Same with Smarthome.com.

Good luck.

Posted on
Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:05 pm
polycron offline

Is anyone having issues receiving push notifications? I've double checked the pairing and even unpaired and re-paired my devices but anything running 1.0.2 doesn't seem to be receiving notifications.

Jeff

Posted on
Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:01 pm
SpencerJRoberts offline

Got my Ultimate :) Thanks again for an awesome app, someday I'll be getting more Android tablets to mount/leave around the house thanks to your work!

Posted on
Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:17 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Is anyone having issues receiving push notifications? I've double checked the pairing and even unpaired and re-paired my devices but anything running 1.0.2 doesn't seem to be receiving notifications.

Sorry for your troubles... was it working for you with 1.0.1? I haven't changed anything related to push notifications in a while, but I will investigate and attempt to duplicate. What Android version are you running?

Adam

Posted on
Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:46 pm
RogueProeliator offline

What Android version are you running?

Scratch that, I believe I found the issue -- won't affect everyone but I will release an update tonight to fix for those who are broken... and added a new test case to my QA process to catch this situation in the future!

Got my Ultimate :) Thanks again for an awesome app, someday I'll be getting more Android tablets to mount/leave around the house thanks to your work!

Thanks, man! My goal is to get an Android tablet on every Indigo user's wall! LOL

Adam

Posted on
Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:44 pm
howartp offline

RogueProeliator wrote:
My goal is to get an Android tablet on every Indigo user's wall! LOL

Adam

When are you launching the 'Indigo Domo Tab X' then...? ;-) ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:02 pm
RogueProeliator offline

When are you launching the 'Indigo Domo Tab X' then...?

I started to do just that and then realized at the last minute that I didn't, actually, own a tablet fabrication factory. The realization was both shocking and devastating. :-(