Does the Android Client work with the Prism Reflector?

Posted on
Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:30 am
PatriciaW offline

Does the Android Client work with the Prism Reflector?

Is it necessary to have the PRO version?

Posted on
Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:52 am
Different Computers offline

Re: Does the Android Client work with the Prism Reflector?

It does work with the Reflector. But the Reflector is not required if you have Dynamic DNS or a static IP address and port forwarding set up.

I don't think the paid version is required for either of those to work, but it has been a long time since I was just using the free version of DomoPad.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:04 am
PatriciaW offline

I get an error (can't connect to server) every time I try to connect without WiFi. That is why I asked. I've worked with the developers to ensure that it works from my desktop but it still doesn't work from my phone.

Posted on
Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:27 am
Different Computers offline

Sorry, I'm unclear.

Is your Reflector enabled? Is that the address you're entering in DomoPad?

Does it work when you're on non-local WiFi?

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:32 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

If you're still having reflector issues, then it's highly unlikely that DomoPad will work...

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:43 pm
RogueProeliator offline

I get an error (can't connect to server) every time I try to connect without WiFi. That is why I asked. I've worked with the developers to ensure that it works from my desktop but it still doesn't work from my phone.

Check your Away address in the Settings and make sure that you are set to Away mode when off WiFi. Of course, the Reflector has to be accessible already - I believe you could check that by going to the reflector address in a browser? Been a while and I am really tired so Jay can correct me if that is incorrect...

Once you check those we can move on to some more detailed debugging; oh, and DC was correct - there is no need for the paid version.

Adam

Posted on
Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:03 pm
PatriciaW offline

I know my Remote access settings are ok since I can connect using the browser. However, I do not know what you mean by Away mode?

Posted on
Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:59 pm
RogueProeliator offline

I know my Remote access settings are ok since I can connect using the browser. However, I do not know what you mean by Away mode?

In the settings you should have values for both Home and Away modes - the internal address for Home and the Reflector address for the Away.

I can get you more info:
Can you go to Settings -> Error Reporting and put your forum username in the Unique Identifier field? Then attempt to view the devices while not on WiFi and, when it fails, hit the menu in the top right and choose the Help option. That will allow you to send a debug report and I can get the error that you are encountering. Let me know once you have done that and I will attempt to find the report.

Adam

Posted on
Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:03 am
PatriciaW offline

I had defined values for the Away settings (when I started this post) - the reflector ID is what I checked by copying and pasting it to my browser.

When I attempt to control a device and WiFi is off, I get this message: "There was a problem communicating with the Indigo server." Is it possible it isn't trying to use the reflector?

Posted on
Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:07 pm
PatriciaW offline

I reinstalled the app on my Android phone and it worked.! :D

Posted on
Wed May 23, 2018 7:10 pm
PatriciaW offline

However, now my Reflector subscription has expired and now I can't get the Domotics Pad to connect to my Home network. I've tried to configure the local connection but it doesn't see the network SSID.

I've reinstalled the app so far without luck. I restarted my phone and and then reinstalled the app but it doesn't reset the app. It remembers my userid and password, IP address, reflector address etc. How can I reinstall it completely?

Posted on
Wed May 23, 2018 10:57 pm
RogueProeliator offline

I've reinstalled the app so far without luck. I restarted my phone and and then reinstalled the app but it doesn't reset the app. It remembers my userid and password, IP address, reflector address etc. How can I reinstall it completely?

Go to the phone's Settings -> Applications, find the application and choose to Clear Data.

But I'll warn you, that in and of itself isn't going to solve your issue - you must have some settings set incorrectly. There aren't any hidden/cached settings that might be in a bad state or anything for the application. If you will put your forum username in the Unique Identifier section in the Settings, the go to Devices and, upon failure, click Help -> Send Debug Report, I can take a look. Just let me know when you have done it so I'll know to look. This won't send/check username/password, etc. but we might get a more detailed error message and I can look over the basic settings that it does send with the report.

Adam

Posted on
Fri May 25, 2018 8:22 am
PatriciaW offline

Eventually I found a way to remove the settings that had not been removed when I uninstalled the app.

Page 1 of 1