Unable to pair DomoPad running on Amazon Fire

Posted on
Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:31 am
biswasg offline

Unable to pair DomoPad running on Amazon Fire

I have installed the Domo Pad Professional version on the Amazon Fire 7 (version 7) running OS 5.0.4.1
Also installed the recent version of the plugin on Indigo application.
However, I am unable to Pair. I get the error DomoPad Android Client not installed or not correctly configured. I have everything correct- so I believe.
Not sure what I am missing or doing wrong?

Posted on
Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:56 am
roussell offline

Re: Unable to pair DomoPad running on Amazon Fire

Where is the process breaking down? Double check that you've done each of the below:

On the Indigo Server:
1. Download, install, and configure the Domopad Mobile Client plugin on your Indigo Server
2. Create a new device of type "Domotics Pad Mobile Client and device "Android Remote Client"
3. Click Save on the "Configure Android Remote Client" popup. Name the device (if you haven't already) and close the "Create New Device" window.

On the Fire:
1. Start Domopad and go to the "Devices" screen.
2. School to the Android device device you created on the Indigo server above
3. Tap the device (no long press, just a tap)
4. Tap the "Pair" button
5. Device should pair in 2-3 seconds.

I just followed the above, typing as I went, and it worked fine. Where in the above i it not working for you?

Terry

Posted on
Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:18 am
biswasg offline

roussell wrote:
Where is the process breaking down? Double check that you've done each of the below:

On the Indigo Server:
1. Download, install, and configure the Domopad Mobile Client plugin on your Indigo Server
2. Create a new device of type "Domotics Pad Mobile Client and device "Android Remote Client"
3. Click Save on the "Configure Android Remote Client" popup. Name the device (if you haven't already) and close the "Create New Device" window.

On the Fire:
1. Start Domopad and go to the "Devices" screen.
2. School to the Android device device you created on the Indigo server above
3. Tap the device (no long press, just a tap)
4. Tap the "Pair" button
5. Device should pair in 2-3 seconds.

I just followed the above, typing as I went, and it worked fine. Where in the above i it not working for you?

Terry

Dear Terry,
I again followed each of the steps as above. When I reach step 4. Tap the "Pair" button, I get the error window-The Domotics Pad Mobile Client plugin is either missing or misconfigured on the server. I have followed steps 1-3 exactly on the Indigo server. Indigo IWS Port is 8176, which appears automatically as it is the HTTP Web server port number.
Thanks for your continued help on this.

Posted on
Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:36 am
roussell offline

Hmmm....

Any username/password configured on the indigo server? If you open a browser on the Fire, can you go to http://serverIP:8176 without username/pass? IF you need a user/pass to do that, you need to enter that same info on the plugin's config page.

Terry

Posted on
Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:24 pm
biswasg offline

roussell wrote:
Hmmm....

Any username/password configured on the indigo server? If you open a browser on the Fire, can you go to http://serverIP:8176 without username/pass? IF you need a user/pass to do that, you need to enter that same info on the plugin's config page.

Terry

I had also entered the username and password during the configuration. As suggested by you, I double checked the server IP: 8176 from the Fire and it accepted the username and password as entered in the plugin.

Posted on
Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:48 pm
RogueProeliator offline

I suspect that the web portion of the plugin is not getting properly loaded. The most common reason for this is that your Indigo username & password are not set within the Plugin's configuration screen. Double check that, then restart the plugin and watch for error messages.

If you opt NOT to enter your username/password then you'll need to manually copy the IWS plugin around within the system; I can point you to the place to do that if needed.

NOTE: You should be able to check whether or not it is loading by going to http://[indigoaddress]:8176 and looking at the bottom of the screen. You should see a box for "Android Client Helper Plugin" underneath the Indigo RSS Feed section.

Adam

Posted on
Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:29 am
biswasg offline

RogueProeliator wrote:
I suspect that the web portion of the plugin is not getting properly loaded. The most common reason for this is that your Indigo username & password are not set within the Plugin's configuration screen. Double check that, then restart the plugin and watch for error messages.

If you opt NOT to enter your username/password then you'll need to manually copy the IWS plugin around within the system; I can point you to the place to do that if needed.

NOTE: You should be able to check whether or not it is loading by going to http://[indigoaddress]:8176 and looking at the bottom of the screen. You should see a box for "Android Client Helper Plugin" underneath the Indigo RSS Feed section.

Adam

1. I checked the http://[indigoaddress]:8176 and realized that the plugin was not loading.
2 On checking the log file, I noted that the plugin was leading to an ERROR and that a newer version 2 plugin was available.
3. Installed the plugin version 2 and this time on checking the http://[indigoaddress]:8176 , it showed up the plugin having been correctly loaded.
4.However, when I click the Pair button on the Amazon Fire, i am getting an error message- "Communication Error".

Posted on
Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:01 am
RogueProeliator offline

Try going to Settings -> Error Reporting and putting your forum name in the Unique Identifier field. Then go back and attempt to pair. After you get the Communications Failure message, click the menu icon in the top right, Help -> Send Debug. The debug report should have more information on what led to the failure.

Adam

Posted on
Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:07 pm
biswasg offline

RogueProeliator wrote:
Try going to Settings -> Error Reporting and putting your forum name in the Unique Identifier field. Then go back and attempt to pair. After you get the Communications Failure message, click the menu icon in the top right, Help -> Send Debug. The debug report should have more information on what led to the failure.

Adam

Sent the debugreport.
Thanks

Posted on
Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:58 pm
biswasg offline

RogueProeliator wrote:

With the updated plugin, I managed to pair the DomoPad with indigo in one attempt. Thank you Adam.

Page 1 of 1