Send Failed (No acknowledgement)

Posted on
Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:58 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Send Failed (No acknowledgement)

Unfortunately, the 2414U isn't supported by the iHealth tool.

Are some of your modules working? If some are working or work some of the time, then it is a signal issue. If all of the modules stop working, then it could be a PowerLinc failure or the Venstar thermostat adapter getting into a bad state if you have one (they can get into a bad state and send endless commands). If the latter is the case, then you can reset them by unplugging the Venstar adapter card to reset it.

Note that nothing has changed in how Indigo sends/receives INSTEON commands. Signal noise can be difficult to track down and it can come from unlikely sources. For example, I've had signal problems caused by a mobile phone charger when it is plugged into a particular outlet. For troubleshooting signal problems the first thing we recommend is FilterLincs on any UPSs, and then moving AccessPoint RFs (or other dual-band modules) to different outlets. That will change up the signal path and might help.

Posted on
Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:43 pm
bluenoise offline

pegoto wrote:
I have also started experiencing the no acknowledge issues and it seems like it might have started January/early February. Nothing has changed in my house nor my network. The only things that have changed thus far is that I have done indigo software upgrades when I was reminded.

I tried running the iHealth tool but it tells me no suitable interface was found. I am using a 2414U. Any assistance will be appreciated.

My "no acknowledge" issues also began around the same time. I have been struggling to find the cause of the problems. I notice the white LED on the side of my 2414U continually flickers quite a bit, which I understand to be a symptom of a noisy line. I have tried unplugging all the other plugs on the circuit and have also gone so far as to shut off breakers to see if I can find the noisy branch. Still, I get lots of flickering and some communications failures. I've reset my interface, but that didn't help, either.

I keep on searching.

Posted on
Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:20 pm
plipof offline

I continue to have a ghost in my system. From what I can tell the dual band devices really help. I move the access points from circuit to circuit to see what the issue is. I also turn circuits off and do signal tests. I have a lot of motion detectors and it seems the motion detectors contribute to the problem. I wish I could install a device directly in my panel that connects to ethernet and communicates with Indigo. It would be like a centralized powerlinc!

Posted on
Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:01 pm
jdoc offline

I'm getting these 'send failed (no acknowledgement)' on every action I do (thermostat and sprinkler), but the actions carry through. For instance, I just turned on my sprinkler with my iPhone, and the sprinklers turned on, but in the event log, it lists the actions as 'send failure' in red. Is this a software issue?

Posted on
Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:26 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

What version of Indigo are you running?

Also, try a factory reset of the modules, then perform the Define and Sync process on them again (inside the Device dialogs). Copy/paste the results from the Event Log window so we can get a better idea of what might be occurring.

Posted on
Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:34 am
jdoc offline

The latest 5.1.3. I'll try the factory reset. I'm also now getting this error:

imeter data request not compatible with this model PowerLinc (extended message support is required)

Posted on
Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:41 am
jdoc offline

How do I do a hard reset?

Posted on
Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:40 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

What interface do you have - is it a 2414U? If so, it doesn't support extended messages that the iMeter requires. In fact, the 2414U won't support most of the latest INSTEON modules because they have a new version of firmware.

[EDIT] - sorry, Matt said reset the modules, not the interface. The module reset procedure is different for each module so you'll need to check the documentation for the module itself. Smarthome.com has the documentation available online. For completeness, I've included the reset procedure for the interface itself:

To do a hard reset on your interface:

1. In Indigo, select "Interfaces->INSTEON/X10 Power Line->Disable"
  2. Unplug the interface from the wall and wait at least 10 seconds
  3. Press and hold the black set button on the side
  4. While holding the button, plug the interface back in
  5. Continue to hold the button for 10 seconds
  6. Release the button
  7. In Indigo, select "Interfaces->INSTEON/X10 Power Line->Enable"
  8. You'll be prompted to resync links - do that

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn