Is Google home supported yet.

Posted on
Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:49 am
bcondemi offline

Is Google home supported yet.

I asked this question a while ago, and unstetstood this wasn't possible yet,
I ask however, does google home have the ability to set up our indigo server account and control our devices yet?

Thank you

Posted on
Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:12 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: Is Google home supported yet.

Not yet, Google does not have an API that can be accessed from anywhere other than integrated applications. As far as I can see they haven't even hinted at this being on the roadmap but it's hard to say what's on Google's mind. Until there is an API there can not be any outside integration.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:13 am
RogueProeliator offline

No, not yet... true support will require the same infrastructure that is required for the Amazon Alexa Skill. Matt & Jay have said several times that they are building out some features/services towards this goal - but of course no ETA as per their normal policy. I know that I will work on a Google Home integration as soon as they have the necessary support in place.

Adam

Posted on
Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:24 am
pantalones offline

Are there any clunky workarounds we can use (e.g., buying an insteon hub, modifying the alexa-hue bridge)?

Posted on
Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:19 pm
jh71283 offline

pantalones wrote:
Are there any clunky workarounds we can use (e.g., buying an insteon hub, modifying the alexa-hue bridge)?

I have had success with a SmartThings hub, connected to my indigo using my MQTT Bridge Plugin. (Note: I don’t know if this works on Jeremy’s MQTT Gateway plug-in. It might.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:35 pm
pantalones offline

So SmartThings hub will receive the input from Google Home?

Posted on
Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:32 pm
jh71283 offline

pantalones wrote:
So SmartThings hub will receive the input from Google Home?

Yes.

In my setup it goes

SmartThings => Node Red => Indigo

All communication is over MQTT.

The only thing I use node red for in this instance is transforming the MQTT topics from the SmartThings native ones to my indigo native ones.

I set up a virtual device in ST, and then it’s hooked to the MQTT bridge.

Posted on
Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:11 pm
pantalones offline

That is like 4 times more work than i want to do unfortunately.

Indigo folks. Any hope here? https://developers.google.com/actions/

Posted on
Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:00 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

AFAIK, Google Home has the same requirement that Alexa Skills have - an OAuth server must authenticate the service. We're looking into this, but our current infrastructure doesn't allow this (we don't have authenticated access to your server since you control the username/password).

Adjusting our infrastructure (and addressing or at least documenting the necessary security issues that come along with that) are definitely a high priority for us, but there are a lot of moving parts that have to be touched so we don't have any ETA on that work. What most people don't understand is that the typical implementation of these things will open up a potentially serious security breach vector - something that we want to mitigate as much as is conceivably possible while still allowing the service to access your system.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:20 pm
editordz offline

Hi Jay,

any update on this yet? I would love to integrate Google Home!

-Dan

Posted on
Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:35 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

No updates.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:58 pm
pantalones offline

@editordz - Just cave in and buy an insteon hub. It's not worth waiting. $60 and i can at least tell my google home to turn lights & scenes on and off.

one by one my insteon devices are getting replaced by things that integrate with cloud services. we got rid of our insteon sprinkler controller last week in favor of a rachio and it's incredible. Yes, I'm aware that in the coming robot rebellion my heater will blow up and sprinklers will drown us, but I'm at least happy to have voice control of things and tighter integration in the meantime.

Posted on
Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:15 pm
editordz offline

pantalones wrote:
@editordz - Just cave in and buy an insteon hub. It's not worth waiting. $60 and i can at least tell my google home to turn lights & scenes on and off.

one by one my insteon devices are getting replaced by things that integrate with cloud services. we got rid of our insteon sprinkler controller last week in favor of a rachio and it's incredible. Yes, I'm aware that in the coming robot rebellion my heater will blow up and sprinklers will drown us, but I'm at least happy to have voice control of things and tighter integration in the meantime.

Agree with everything you say. Question: Do you trigger Indigo scenes via the hub, or separate scenes that are set up in the hub?

Posted on
Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:53 am
jh71283 offline

Either that or get a SmartThings hub, and use my MQTT bridge plugin.

That way you also get access to the devices that ST supports.

Posted on
Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:25 am
pantalones offline

editordz wrote:
pantalones wrote:

Agree with everything you say. Question: Do you trigger Indigo scenes via the hub, or separate scenes that are set up in the hub?

@editordz — I am triggering mostly via the hub. Nothing fancy.

Indigo Domo folks, any update here?