Seasonal Insteon device usage issue

Posted on
Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:28 am
popcorn-in-sac offline

Seasonal Insteon device usage issue

I've got a couple of Insteon devices that are used around the holidays for Christmas tree lighting. Invariably, my wife unplugs the lights from module and packs it away while it's still On. This leads Indigo to show it On, since that was its last known state. Any attempt to turn it off of course fails since the module isn't currently available.

I've been looking for some way to simply tell Indigo to turn its state to Off, regardless of the actual module being there or not, but cannot seem to find a way to do this. It doesn't seem like it should be necessary to go and unpack the modules just to make Indigo show them as Off. Something like an Option-Click -- Force Off or similar is what I was expecting to find, somewhere.

Disabling communications with the device does nothing, nor does restarting Indigo -- both as expected.

Any thoughts? (Short of getting the modules out and allowing Indigo to see them again)

Thanks,
Mark

Posted on
Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:12 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Seasonal Insteon device usage issue

Try temporarily choosing the Interfaces->INSTEON->Disable menu item, then try turning it OFF. If that doesn't work open the device dialog and try putting "- sample device -" in the Notes UI edit field first.

Posted on
Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:32 am
popcorn-in-sac offline

Re: Seasonal Insteon device usage issue

Matt, I tried the first suggestion -- disabling Insteon communications and then turning off the devices, and that did work.

Thanks for the great support.

Mark

Page 1 of 1