How to have fixture light responds to a door button?

Posted on
Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:09 pm
jashaffner offline

How to have fixture light responds to a door button?

What do I need for the recessed lights to dim/brighten in respond to someone pushing a door button?

I suppose I will need Insteon SwitchLinc Dimmer. What else?

Thanks.

Posted on
Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:16 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: How to have fixture light responds to a door button?

For the button, you could use another SwitchLinc V2 or a KeypadLinc V2. That would be the easiest approach. You could then directly link the secondary SwitchLinc V2 or a KeypadLinc V2 button to control your SwitchLinc V2 Dimmer. You could also create a Trigger Action in Indigo to indirectly handle the logic. The advantage to letting Indigo handle the logic is that you could then add a conditional on it (ex: only perform dim/brighten after dark).

Regards,
Matt

Posted on
Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:33 pm
jashaffner offline

support wrote:
For the button, you could use another SwitchLinc V2 or a KeypadLinc V2.

Yea, but I was referring to the existing standard doorbell button outside next to the front door.

Posted on
Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:42 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

I think the Powerflash module may be what you are looking for. There is also an INSTEON module that would probably work, but Indigo does not yet support it natively. I do plan on adding support for it though...

Regards,
Matt

Posted on
Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:29 pm
jashaffner offline

(No subject)

Gotcha. I will purchase Indigo (not only for this project but for the rest of the projects later on), SwitchLinc, powerflash and PLC. Do you have a rough ETA on when Indigo will start supporting uploading to Insteon PLC?

Really do appreciate your time to reply to newbies like myself!

Posted on
Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:35 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

(No subject)

Be sure and get the SignaLinc RF pair as well -- it is needed to create a reliable INSTEON network in your home. No beta date yet for upload support to the PowerLinc 2414U, but it is top priority right now.

Regards,
Matt

Posted on
Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:00 pm
jashaffner offline

(No subject)

Okay, cool re: 2414U. Thanks.

Speaking of SignalLinc RF pair, I understand that SignalLinc RF pair is used as a bridge between two phases. I live in a townhouse. How do I confirm that I have two phases? Correct me if I am wrong. If I have two phases, then I should have two meters outside? I think I see only one.

Posted on
Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:04 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

(No subject)

You'll still only have 1 power meter even if you have two power legs. If you have any 220 V outlets (dryer, hot water eater, stove, oven), then you definitely have 2 110V power legs. Even if you don't have any 220V outlets, I would think you probably still do have 2 power legs.

Regards,
Matt

Page 1 of 1