Suddenly, Indigo unable to communicate with 2x 2476Ds

Posted on
Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:59 am
greenbergm0625 offline

Suddenly, Indigo unable to communicate with 2x 2476Ds

I have a pair of Insteon 2476D (V 5.4 1048) switches installed for about 3 years without any issues. The switches are linked to each other in a virtual 3-way setup to control one light. They are (or were) linked to Indigo also.

Now Indigo can not communicate with either device. I've tried factory resets on BOTH devices, but still no good. Oddly, the devices can talk to EACH OTHER, as I was able to make one switch a controller for the other after a factory reset of both.

Other Insteon devices in the home respond fine and I am able to link other Insteon controllers. I deleted one device ( a lamplinc) and re-added it to Indigo fine.

I can understand one device going bad, but 2 at the same time seems really odd.

Before I spend $100 to replace both switches does anyone have any good troubleshooting tips ? Note I think we can discount line noise as I have never had an issue like this before and the breaker panel was replaced also about 3 years ago.

Thanks

Posted on
Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:12 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Suddenly, Indigo unable to communicate with 2x 2476Ds

It is either power line noise related, both modules are malfunctioning, or the PowerLinc is malfunctioning. Try plugging the PowerLinc into different outlets on different circuits using an extension cord to rule out the first one.

Also copy/paste the Event Log result of you trying to sync with one of the failing modules so we can see specifically how it is failing.

Posted on
Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:32 pm
greenbergm0625 offline

Thanks Matt. This turned out to be noise or poor signal. I added an appliance-linc to a nearby outlet and was able to communicate with the 2476s again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:36 pm
greenbergm0625 offline

greenbergm0625 wrote:
Thanks Matt. This turned out to be noise or poor signal. I added an appliance-linc to a nearby outlet and was able to communicate with the 2476s again.

On a related note I have one 2476 wired to the load and the other as a controller of the unit wired to the load.

Using indigo I can control the load only on the unit wired to the load. When switching the other 2476 on/off it has no affect on the responder switch, which is wired to the load.

Posted on
Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:03 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Read through this wiki post which describes the problem (well, a similar problem) and the options to deal with it.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:41 pm
greenbergm0625 offline

As long as I can control the load with each physical switch I'm good. If I can only use one switch to control the load in Indigo that's fine also.

Thanks

Page 1 of 1