KPL Fails to Install

Posted on
Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:53 pm
bmcgowan13 offline

KPL Fails to Install

I replaced a failed KPL (all the LEDs failed). I received the new KPL and installed it to replace the failed KPL.

I synced the KPL and it worked for one afternoon--in that Indigo recognized the KPL and I could set up the first few direct link buttons (i.e. Button 2 controlled a wall outlet, Button 3 controlled a lamp). Except (not sure if this is a clue) but one of the links to a responder (a wall outlet) was "reveresed" in that when the power to the outlet was on the LED was dark--and then when I turned off the outlet with the KPL the "CORNER TABLE" LED would come on.

I tried to resync think maybe that would restore the LED to the correct on/off mode but now the KPL isn't recognized at all but I think there may be something in the log that means I've not set something up correctly. I find it odd the KPL would work for just 6 hours. (I hadn't even associated the triggers with the other KPL buttons)

Does the Linking - . . adding: (not added -- probably already exists) mean I have to reset something
Attachments
Screenshot 2017-09-22 17.41.19.png
Screenshot 2017-09-22 17.41.19.png (379.68 KiB) Viewed 1457 times

Posted on
Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:02 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: KPL Fails to Install

Those kinds of failures are generally because of signal noise of some kind. But, you should try to do a factory reset on it then resync to see if the link db has gotten corrupt.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:34 am
bmcgowan13 offline

I reset the KPL; disconnected power and turned it back on; took the plates off and checked all the connections and even tried (successfully) to relink the KPL that is right beside it (they even shared pigtailed power connections) but I'm getting the same error.

I have to assume it is a faulty KPL..

Posted on
Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:22 pm
bmcgowan13 offline

So I took one last try before returning. I turned on all the LEDs; and the switch synced.

I was able to program the direct links to the switches and a few triggers.

But I also tried to synch one more time and it failed....I've just noticed the LED keys assigned to a trigger.

I think it's a bad KPL.

Posted on
Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:32 pm
bmcgowan13 offline

Jay-

I may be chasing my tail here. I moved on and tried to replace a failed Insteon switch in a 3-way circuit that has been running fine for years (2 Insteon switches a 2474 and a 2477). They were installed by a professional electrician.

I replaced the 2477 but now I am consistently getting failed messages in the Indigo. I am wondering if my Modem could be the issues?
Attachments
Screenshot 2017-09-26 15.26.36.png
Screenshot 2017-09-26 15.26.36.png (95.51 KiB) Viewed 1360 times

Posted on
Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:01 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Again, those errors are most often because of signal noise. There's not enough of the log there to know for sure if the failure was when Indigo was trying to write links to the PowerLinc or the "Ext Lanai Lights" device, but given the other no ack, I'm going to guess that you have some signal noise that's just periodically causing issues. Check the signal troubleshooting page for tips on dealing with signal noise.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1