Insteon 2413U occasionally disappears

Posted on
Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:27 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Insteon 2413U occasionally disappears

For anyone experiencing the High Sierra/PowerLinc error, here's a potential workaround.

I still recommend waiting, even more so now that it looks like it's a regression bug in macOS that first appeared back in El Capitan.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:51 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

asw24b wrote:
>>Delete the FTDIUSBSerialDriver.kext one and reboot. Any luck?

Well.... I won't know until Friday; The Mac is at a remote location. I deleted the KEXT and rebooted, but the Powerlinc is still offline. I may need to power cycle the Powerlinc to get things back to a good state, and then see what happens. I'll report back this weekend...

Were you ever able to resolve this problem? PowerLinc failing?

Posted on
Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:43 pm
asw24b offline

matt (support) wrote:
asw24b wrote:
>>Delete the FTDIUSBSerialDriver.kext one and reboot. Any luck?

Well.... I won't know until Friday; The Mac is at a remote location. I deleted the KEXT and rebooted, but the Powerlinc is still offline. I may need to power cycle the Powerlinc to get things back to a good state, and then see what happens. I'll report back this weekend...

Were you ever able to resolve this problem? PowerLinc failing?

PowerLinc failed. 3rd one.

New one up and running... let's see how long it lasts.... :(

Mike

Posted on
Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:20 pm
aaaha offline

I too am having issues with my PowerLinc disconnecting frequently. The disconnects seemed to start a few weeks ago when I updated to Sierra - just before the High Sierra release. I have a headless Mac mini late 2012 vintage

I've tried all the usual suggestions - removed the FTDI driver, switched ports, switched cables, tried different circuits, tried a separate USB hub, but I haven't had anything work consistently. Does anyone have any suggestions or fixes that I missed?

Posted on
Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:23 pm
akimball offline

I’ve had no issues with the 2448A7 wireless type. It’s been nearly a month. Couldn’t solve my problems with the 2413U. I won’t say the transition was painless but once done everything is cooperating

-Al

Posted on
Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:01 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

aaaha wrote:
I've tried all the usual suggestions - removed the FTDI driver, switched ports, switched cables, tried different circuits, tried a separate USB hub, but I haven't had anything work consistently. Does anyone have any suggestions or fixes that I missed?

Is that Mac on High Sierra now or did you leave it at Sierra? Regardless, you might want to try the suggestions on this post. Definitely reboot the Mac in repair mode and run Disk Utility on it to see if that helps. If it still continues to disconnect, then I think your PowerLinc is malfunctioning.

Posted on
Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:57 pm
akimball offline

Apple update 10.13.2 released today purports to improve compatibility with certain Audio drivers. Maybe they will accidentally fix any issue with the 2413U. ;) The 2448A7 is still working great for me and I won't be going back to the 2413U but it would be nice if the 2413U failures were due to insteon's inadequate design rather than compounded by an Apple oversight. I'm hopping mad at Apple because they've crippled the speed of my iPhone 6+ and iPhone 5s that I use for work. Slower than Christmas now... I need biscuits from Apple.

-Al