Insteon interfaces/MODEMs

Posted on
Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:02 am
sarahcat offline

Insteon interfaces/MODEMs

My very first Insteon 2413U appears to have died. It seems alive, but the interface does not appear to be connected to Indigo. Its LED is solid pale green (as it should be) and the button does respond when it's pressed. I've order both types of interfaces, the dual band 2413U and the Insteon USB 'stick'. I have mostly dual band Insteon modules, so wouldn't they bridge the wired/wireless protocols or do I need the dual band Insteon interface to talk to non dual band (carrier current, only) modules?

I bought a stand alone Insteon hub just to keep my system going and to support my Amazon Dots. Indigo is still going and my Z-Stick is fine. Everything is working as usual, except that the Insteon devices are on their own and I obviously can't see them in Indigo. I once thought about keeping an extra 2413U around, since it is the single point of failure for most of my modules and since I can buy modules locally at the big box stores. None of them stock the Insteon USB interfaces, just the hubs.

Posted on
Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:22 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Insteon interfaces/MODEMs

Your dual-band insteon modules will handle the bridging for you.

Try unplugging the 2413U for a while (sounds like it already is), then factory resetting it by press-holding the SET button while you plug it in, then keep it held down for 10 more seconds. Sometimes that will bring them back to life.

Posted on
Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:58 am
sarahcat offline

Thanks, Matt. I assumed that the dual band modules would bridge from RF to carrier current, but I wasn't certain.

With regard to the interface, I did try that trick, which has worked in the past, but resurrection just wasn't in the stars this time.

Posted on
Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:56 pm
kpurintun offline

Is there a way to easily replace an interface with a new one? Seems my PLM died also.. no lights on mine.. nothing useful works.

Thanks,

Kyle

Posted on
Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:27 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

kpurintun wrote:
Is there a way to easily replace an interface with a new one? Seems my PLM died also.. no lights on mine.. nothing useful works.

Yes.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1