Keypadlinc Button #3 not sending commands

Posted on
Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:36 pm
mattyf offline

Keypadlinc Button #3 not sending commands

I have an 8-key keypad, and button #3 (and only button #3) is not sending insteon commands. When I press it, the LED behind button 3 turns off and on as expected. But the greet light under the set button doesn't blink like it does when I press other buttons. Also, the Indigo log does not indicate that Button #3 was pressed (I can see all other button presses as expected).

I tried pulling the air gap switch for ten seconds, no help.

Then I tried doing a factory reset. Pulled the air gap out, waited ten seconds, pushed and held the set button in until keypad beeped a long beep. I released the set buttons, the keypad LEDs came on (the ones that were supposed to be on), but the keypad never made the <beep beep> sounds as described in the manual's instructions on the factory reset. Also, Button #3 is still not sending commands (though its LED continues to turn on and off as expected).

Any help would be appreciated!!!!

Posted on
Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:09 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Keypadlinc Button #3 not sending commands

I already replied this on the other thread:
support wrote:
Try Re-Syncing that device in Indigo. It will re-write the INSTEON links for all the buttons into the KeypadLinc if any of them are missing.

The factory reset can be tricky to get to "take." The LED pipe has to go from the out position all the way to the depressed position in a single fast fluid motion (and then held there for 10+ seconds). Sometimes it takes multiple attempts for it to work. After the reset be sure and re-sync the device in Indigo. If that doesn't help with button #3, then I think the module has malfunctioned and needs to be replaced.

Page 1 of 1