Indigo + Hub Insteon hub

Posted on
Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:17 pm
cdeggz offline

Indigo + Hub Insteon hub

I currently have indigo running on my mac with the USB interface box.

I need Siri control of my insteon devices though. I want HomeKit support.

Can I add an insteon hub too? Is it ok to have multiple "hubs" or does this cause problems somehow?

Posted on
Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:16 am
roussell offline

Re: Indigo + Hub Insteon hub

In short, no, not without problems at least. I'm on my mobile and can't search right now, but do a search for the hub, you'll find plenty of information as to why it's not a good idea.

Terry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:17 pm
majortom offline

For the moment, use homebridge and its Indigo support (it makes each device in Indigo act like it was a HomeKit device). Curious what you need from Indigo that is not yet supported by HomeKit directly now that there is the Home app (this is a serious question, for me right now it is AV device support)?

/carmi

Posted on
Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:36 am
johnpolasek offline

I have a hub linked into the micro modules for a far more mundane reason than Homekit. When I first put them in years ago,I needed to configure the switch options for momentary contact in several of them and for 3 way toggle in another and doing it by button press after being wired into a tight junction box or blind sends of raw insteon commands was not working... And I left it in place to have a separate and parallel notification path for the leak sensors and smoke bridge if the mac failed. The devices work fine being linked to both controllers (unlike Z-waves) except that commands sent from one controller are not acknowledged to the other; but since I never send anything from the hub other than the initial configuration commands, that's not an issue for me. But it obviously would be a deal breaker for sending commands from the hub as homekits, since Indigo would not be informed of the status change... the same problem with X10s that can change the state of a closely linked lamp without the X10 command reaching the far away powermodem.

Page 1 of 1