Powerlinc not working with new Mac

Posted on
Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:26 pm
GoBecky offline

Powerlinc not working with new Mac

I just migrated to a new Mac mini. Wasn't having any problems with Indigo before migrating. Started to receive errors immediately, upgraded to v7 to see if that would resolve it. Have never had any problems with the PowerLinc before and I don't know where to begin troubleshooting. Logs:

Code: Select all
Nov 12, 2016, 8:46:05 PM
   Starting Indigo Server version 7.0.1 (Mac OS X 10.12)
   Loading attachments
   "device target attachment.scpt" script loaded
   "group target attachment.scpt" script loaded
   "growl attachment.scpt" script loaded
   "iTunes attachment.scpt" script loaded
   "scenes attachment.scpt" script loaded
   "time stamp attachment.scpt" script loaded
   Loading database "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Databases/My House.indiDb"
   Database file was in old Indigo 6 folder
   Saving converted database file "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Databases/My House.indiDb"
   Newer version of plugin "Virtual Devices.indigoPlugin" v2.0.2 installed -- moving older version 1.0.14 to trash
   Newer version of plugin ".INSTEON Commands.indigoPlugin" v2.0.10 installed -- moving older version 2.0.6 to trash
   Newer version of plugin ".Action Collection.indigoPlugin" v2.0.4 installed -- moving older version 1.4.15 to trash
   Moving plugin ".Action Collection.indigoPlugin" to enabled plugins folder
   Moving plugin ".INSTEON Commands.indigoPlugin" to enabled plugins folder
   Moving plugin "Virtual Devices.indigoPlugin" to enabled plugins folder
   Found disabled interface "Z-Wave 2.0.30"
   Found disabled plugin "Airfoil Pro 1.0.5"
   Found disabled plugin "Airfoil 1.1.14"
   Found disabled plugin "Cynical Caché 1.6.7"
   Found disabled plugin "DIRECTV DVR Control 1.1.1"
   Found disabled plugin "EasyDAQ Relay Card 2.0.2"
   Found disabled plugin "Global Property Manager 2.0"
   Found disabled plugin "Growl 2.0.1"
   Found disabled plugin "iCal Alarm Processor 2.0"
   Found disabled plugin "iTunes 2.0.2"
   Found disabled plugin "NOAA Weather 2.0.0"
   Found disabled plugin "SQL Logger 2.0.4"
   Found disabled plugin "Timers and Pesters 2.0.1"
   Found disabled plugin "Vera Bridge 1.0.10"
   Found disabled plugin "WeatherSnoop 2.1.1"
   Bonjour registered "Indigo - My House"
   Indigo Cocoa client connected
   WebServer client connected
   WebServer                       started on port 8176 -- authentication disabled

Nov 12, 2016, 8:52:34 PM
   Loading plugin "Action Collection 2.0.4"
   Starting plugin "Action Collection 2.0.4" (pid 27050)
   Loading interface "INSTEON Commands 2.0.10"
   Starting interface "INSTEON Commands 2.0.10" (pid 27051)
   Loading plugin "Hue Lights 1.3.24"
   Starting plugin "Hue Lights 1.3.24" (pid 27052)
   Loading interface "Virtual Devices 2.0.2"
   Starting interface "Virtual Devices 2.0.2" (pid 27053)
   Found disabled interface "Z-Wave 2.0.30"
   Found disabled plugin "Airfoil Pro 1.0.5"
   Found disabled plugin "Airfoil 1.1.14"
   Found disabled plugin "Cynical Caché 1.6.7"
   Found disabled plugin "DIRECTV DVR Control 1.1.1"
   Found disabled plugin "EasyDAQ Relay Card 2.0.2"
   Found disabled plugin "Global Property Manager 2.0"
   Found disabled plugin "Growl 2.0.1"
   Found disabled plugin "iCal Alarm Processor 2.0"
   Found disabled plugin "iTunes 2.0.2"
   Found disabled plugin "NOAA Weather 2.0.0"
   Found disabled plugin "SQL Logger 2.0.4"
   Found disabled plugin "Timers and Pesters 2.0.1"
   Found disabled plugin "Vera Bridge 1.0.10"
   Found disabled plugin "WeatherSnoop 2.1.1"
   Started interface "INSTEON Commands 2.0.10"
   Started interface "Virtual Devices 2.0.2"
   Started plugin "Action Collection 2.0.4"
   Started plugin "Hue Lights 1.3.24"
   Hue Lights                      Loaded 6 lights.
   Hue Lights                      Loaded 2 groups.

Nov 12, 2016, 8:52:44 PM
   Connected to PowerLinc 2413U interface on port usbserial-A600exh8
   PowerLinc address 18.B9.AF, firmware version 9.2
   Error                           unknown command bytes received 40 00 (ignoring)
   Error                           unknown command bytes received 00 00 (ignoring)
   Error                           resending previous command (busy or unexpected command)
   Error                           resending previous command (busy or unexpected command)
   Error                           PowerLinc not responding -- attempting reset
   Power Failure                   possible power failure
   Interface Failure               lost connection with interface

Nov 12, 2016, 8:53:16 PM
   Error                           unknown command bytes received E0 E0 (ignoring)
   Error                           unknown command bytes received E0 00 (ignoring)

Nov 12, 2016, 8:53:58 PM

where do I start?

I'm a wheelchair user & use Indigo to make my home & office accessible & safe without the expense of ECU's: door openers, emergency alerts, & even buttons my service dog can push to activate triggers! Feel free to PM fo info/advice.

Posted on
Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:01 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Powerlinc not working with new Mac

Those errors indicate that you either have some severe powerline noise (did you change where the PowerLinc plugs into) or perhaps that your PowerLinc is having some issues. Try unplugging it for a while (10 minutes) and then plug it back in - that'll sorta do a soft reset. If that doesn't work, run a long outdoor extension cord from an outlet in another room to the PowerLinc and see if that works (would indicate noise on the circuit you have it plugged into).

Finally, you can try a factory reset on it. When it reconnects in Indigo it will prompt you to resync everything - go ahead and do that (I7 will now do it even with newish Insteon devices).

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:42 am
GoBecky offline

Jay, thanks for the tips. Unfortunately nothing you suggested worked. It's plugged into the same outlet as on the old Mac - I literally just unplugged all the USB and video stuff from one Mac mini and switched them to the new one. Everything was working perfectly on the old Mac. One odd thing - when we tried the factory reset , it says there's supposed to be a long beep? Well, the log registered a reset, but there wasn't any tone from the device - we just kept holding it for 20 seconds or so. But the errors just kept coming. Could we have done the reset wrong somehow?

Any other ideas? I can buy a new PowerLinc if absolutely necessary, but quite frankly I'm already out $90 for the I7 upgrade that I had hoped would fix matters. so …

Could it be anything with the Mac, or the migration process? (I used Migration Assistant from a Time Machine backup - the old Mac was running 10.10 while the new one is on Sierra.) If I have to keep the old machine running in a corner somewhere as a server it's not the end of the world , but obviously not my first choice either

Any advice is greatly appreciated - as you know , I use my system for safety and independence as much as convenience, so the sooner I can get things back to normal the better!

I'm a wheelchair user & use Indigo to make my home & office accessible & safe without the expense of ECU's: door openers, emergency alerts, & even buttons my service dog can push to activate triggers! Feel free to PM fo info/advice.

Posted on
Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:18 am
GoBecky offline

Ok, so scratch all that - not sure what did it, but we did another factory reset, changed the USB, and restarted the computer, and it's working great!

Posted on
Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:11 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Great – I'm glad it is up and working now for you!

Posted on
Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:29 pm
bmcgowan13 offline

Lurking...same issue (1/8/17) and I was able to get my stuff back and running thanks to your quick response. Thanks so much for continued service!

Page 1 of 1