What is Keypad Linc Detached Load?

Posted on
Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:24 am
majortom offline

Re: What is Keypad Linc Detached Load?

Glad to hear that you found the bug and looking forward to the fixed version. I do hope that improved link management is part of version 7.

Posted on
Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:17 am
majortom offline

Matt -
Any chance that you will be fixing the link editor to allow the targeting of the local detached load from a button on the keypad?

/carmi

Posted on
Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:03 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Not in the short-term as that is a very complex and non-trivial change (the main issue being that internally in the KeypadLinc self-referential links don't use links at all, but a totally different mechanism and command set) . We will get 6.1.11 out ASAP though so you can at least target the detached loads (from other modules).

Posted on
Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:31 pm
majortom offline

Fixing the trigger problem is a great start. The place I need to use this first does not really need a local switch for the load as it will mostly be controlled in an automated fashion.

Posted on
Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:36 am
majortom offline

matt (support) wrote:
Not in the short-term as that is a very complex and non-trivial change (the main issue being that internally in the KeypadLinc self-referential links don't use links at all, but a totally different mechanism and command set) . We will get 6.1.11 out ASAP though so you can at least target the detached loads (from other modules).

Is it possible to create a self-referential link from the KeypadLinc itself? If so, how do I do that? Unless I have missed something, even if Indigo does not know about that one link, everything else would work as long as there is trigger support.

Indigo would know the state of the detached load (because that is broadcast), all the buttons that control it would be kinked and so would remain in sync (and using a powerlinc button group/scene could be kept that way even with Indigo programatic control of the load).

Posted on
Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:57 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Not that I'm aware of.

Posted on
Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:38 am
majortom offline

Matt -
Any idea when 6.1.11 might hit? I would really love to get this issue resolved. :-)

/carmi

Posted on
Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:17 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Not yet.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:46 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Indigo 6.1.11 is now available for download. It fixes the bug that prevents detached loads from being targetable from the link editor dialog.

Posted on
Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:57 pm
alistair offline

Has anyone had any luck getting this to work yet? I'm wondering if there's some specific firmware version I need....

Posted on
Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:04 am
majortom offline

alistair wrote:
Has anyone had any luck getting this to work yet? I'm wondering if there's some specific firmware version I need....

I use it. There is still a bug that prevents having two links between a button on one KPL and two "buttons" on another KPL (needed so that the button on the one KPL can control both group 9 - the load, and button that should light up when the load is on), but I solve that using triggers.

Until Indigo supports creating links from a button on a KPL to the same KPL (so that a button can be directly linked to the detached load), it is unnecessarily. complicated to use it.

Unfortunately, given that we have gone a very long time (about 18 months) with almost no new insteon functionality, I do not expect to see it anytime soon. Indigo seems mostly focused on adding Zwave modules and other devices.

Posted on
Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:20 pm
mrceolla offline

Hi,

I know this is an older thread but it was one of the few I found discussing the Detach Load option with someone trying to reassign the load to another button. I was able to achieve this recently and wanted to share in case it could help anyone else. I registered here solely for this purpose

Thanks to the developer of the 3rd party Insteon plugin for HomeSeer 3, who got a tip from his contact at Insteon, I was able to link the load to a different button on the same keypad.

Here is the original thread: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/light ... load/page3

To sum it up:

Note: I was in 8 button mode and reassigned the load to Button B

1) Make sure the load is still attached to Button A (Main On/Off)
2) Tap the button that you want to have control the load (Button X), it doesn't matter if you are turning the button on or off
3) Press and hold the Set button until Keypad beeps, Button X should be blinking
4) Press and hold Button A (Main On/Off) until the keypad beeps and Button X stops blinking

Button X should now control the load AND Button A (Main On/Off). However, Button A (Main On/Off) won't control Button X. This is OK because now is when you want to detach the load

5) Detach the load

Now, only Button X should control the load.

Note: this doesn't work exactly like when Button A (Main On/Off) controls the load. If you remotely control Button X, or include just Button X in a group or link, the load will not be controlled. You must include both the newly created Load device and Button X when doing any linking or creating groups if you want to keep them in sync, just like when linking two separate devices.

Hopefully this can help someone else. Happy HAing!