Support for Insteon Alert Module - 2867-222

Posted on
Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:46 pm
nclemmons offline

Support for Insteon Alert Module - 2867-222

I have some of the Insteon water sensors and they can turn on the alert module.

It does not appear that this module is supported in Indigo. Can you advise if this is possible?

As an alternative, I have them sending me an email but if I wanted something more IMMEDIATE in terms of an alarm, do you have any suggestions?

Many Thanks -

neil

Posted on
Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:13 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Support for Insteon Alert Module - 2867-222

We just got notification about this device from Insteon a couple of weeks ago. Once we get one we'll look into adding support.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:53 pm
nclemmons offline

Thanks Jay!

Posted on
Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:52 pm
artpics offline

any update on these alert modules are they going to be supported.

Posted on
Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:35 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

We are still investigating this one. We won't be able to provide any type of time estimate as to when it will be supported. We've stopped providing individual hardware support estimates – they are too difficult to track and to manage expectations. The exception to this are new modules that just need a clone of an existing device definition.

Posted on
Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:10 pm
akimball offline

I'm at a cross-roads regarding alerts and sounds in the home. I came across the Insteon Alert Module and read this thread. I just wanted to communicate that I am interested in indigo support for the Insteon 2867-222 Alert module. My home is large and I'd like to install about a half dozen of these in strategic locations to alert me to doorbell, driveway and/or porch proximity alerts. When I'm prancing around the home naked I don't always have the iPhone handy so a chime would be nice. TIA and I look forward to future support.

-Al

Posted on
Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:52 pm
Daniel Melchior offline

I also just received the 2867-222 module from Smarthome. Unfortunately, I did not research Indigo support for this module before I ordered it. Are there any Indigo supported devices that can be used to create an audio alert notification to an event?

Posted on
Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:21 pm
akimball offline

I've used an Insteon I/O module of some kind (IOLinc and/or EZIO type module) along with an external power walwart to implement an alarm: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006 ... UTF8&psc=1

But I want something with softer chime or ding ding tones; the unit I've used in the link is pretty annoying for anything other than a loud two-tone security alarm. I'm waiting a bit for support for the insteon alarm module....but not holding my breath because I know these Indigo guys are busy. :)

-Al

Posted on
Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:21 pm
CircleM offline

jay (support) wrote:
We just got notification about this device from Insteon a couple of weeks ago. Once we get one we'll look into adding support.

Howdy. I registered for these forums just so I could express interest in having support for the Insteon Alert Module added to Indigo.

I have been searching for something like this for years. In the meantime, I have come up with a janky way of accomplishing alerts. I have placed 6 iHome Airplay-capable speakers around the house. When Indigo receives a trigger from a sensor, it tells Quicktime to play a certain alert tone, which is connected to all 6 speakers simultaneously via Airfoil. That doesn't come without it's own problems, like the speakers dropping off the network randomly.

Like a poster above, I was so happy to see Insteon making this product, I bought a few before I checked to see if Indigo even supported them :(

Jay, if you still haven't received one of these Alert Modules to test with, I'll gladly send you one of mine that I have sitting around.

Posted on
Sun May 29, 2016 8:08 am
rjeffl offline

I have been an indigo user for several years and have also been looking for an alert module like this.
I know that you can make other insteon modules chirp, but that is not the same as a loud chirp or ring.

Short of manual linking with other insteon modules, is there any update on when this device will be added to the indigo database?
The module has been on the market for about 6 months now. I figure this has either fallen through the crack or you are mostly focused on the indigo 7 release.

If you have no plans to support this module, do you have recommendations on alternative modules that could be used for alert in the zwave or x10 family?

Thanks.

Jeff

Posted on
Mon May 30, 2016 6:52 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

It's on our list of new devices to add. No ETA however.

There are several Z-Wave siren devices that we support since they behave as simple on/off devices.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:47 pm
arskrett offline

ahhhrgg :evil: . come on Jay! lets get this Alert Module covered...

I just received the module from Smarthome to do Beta testing on it, but without being able to add it to Indigo my test possibilities are limited...
I guess I could manually link it to my doorbell, but thats no fun, to simple.

Any idea of time frame to have it included? anything I can do to "trick" Indigo to accept it?

Thanks Jay.

Posted on
Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:48 pm
arskrett offline

For the record, I received the new model, 2868-222 :lol:

Posted on
Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:22 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

It isn't possible to add it as an Indigo device until we get the device definition created for it. It is definitely on our list to add, but it won't be added to Indigo 6.1.x.

Posted on
Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:57 am
akimball offline

...and it looks like it's time to buy that new Mac Mini. :D

-Al