lamplinc used to work, now doesn't -- insteon, versions, etc

Posted on
Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:33 pm
dtich offline

lamplinc used to work, now doesn't -- insteon, versions, etc

i have replaced most of my x10 lamplincs with insteon v2 units in anticipation of indigo's imminent supporting of insteon, and added a repeater/coupler (x10) just for good measure, and now a unit that was my most reliable is not responding at all. i've tried several of the v2 units (rev 2, 2.3, 1.0) and none works. other receptacles that were non-responsive before the repeater have come on line, but this one has gone the other way. odd. any thoughts on this?

also, for those who know, what, if any, is the substantive diff. among the revs of the v2 lamplincs and do i need to think about replacing them?

thanks.

Posted on
Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:51 am
jeremyh offline

(No subject)

For what it's worth, I bought a Switchlinc relay (v2). I installed in, sent the X10 code to it, tried to control it and nothing happened (even though it would transmit x10 on/off signals to Indigo). Tried to reprogram it and it would no longer respond to X10 programming.

I'm going to try to move it around to a new location and see if that works, but I'm a bit cautious of these new units given what I'm hearing so far.

-------------------------------------------------
Jeremy Hubbell - Hubbell Automation
http://www.hubbell.biz
-------------------------------------------------

Posted on
Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:38 am
dtich offline

(No subject)

yeah... the funny thing in my situation is i put the old x10 lamplinc back, and it works fine again. something about the new units that don't like this receptacle...?? weird.

look forward to insteon. hopefully that frequency will not have any issues for me.

Posted on
Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:39 am
AutomatedOutlet offline

(No subject)

Yes, there is a difference in the rev levels of the V2 lamplincs. The current rev level is 2.4 - make sure you have at least 2.3.

If you are using 2.0, you have to send the X10 programming information several times for it to take. Even on the 2.4 models, you need to transmit it at least 3 times.

Martin Custer
www.AutomatedOutlet.com

Posted on
Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:57 pm
dtich offline

(No subject)

thanks for that info. is there any difference in insteon mode behavior/efficacy among those revs?

tia.

Posted on
Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:37 pm
AutomatedOutlet offline

(No subject)

Don't think so at least not that I know of. The issue is with the programming of X10 addresses into Insteon lamp modules.

Martin Custer
www.AutomatedOutlet.com

Posted on
Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:01 am
Threadhead offline

(No subject)

AutomatedOutlet wrote:
Yes, there is a difference in the rev levels of the V2 lamplincs. The current rev level is 2.4 - make sure you have at least 2.3.

So, Martin, are all the V2's that you are currently shipping the 2.4 version?

Page 1 of 1