Help With INSTEON Motion Detectors / RemoteLinc

Posted on
Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:07 am
scooter offline

Help With INSTEON Motion Detectors / RemoteLinc

I am having trouble with several 2420M motion detectors. I have all the jumpers set as factory standard. I have one trigger action set up for each 2420M. Basically I am turning on lights when the 2420M detects motion and I have an auto-off set on the devices. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. When they don't the INDIGO event log states "send failed (no acknowledgement)". The devices are Switchlinc 2470D. These devices work great through INDIGO when not in conjunction with the motion detectors. I have access points in each room where the 2420M's are setup.

I am thinking that I have an access point problem. Any words of wisdom? Thanks

Posted on
Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:45 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Help With INSTEON Motion Detectors / RemoteLinc

Have you tried moving the AccessPoint RFs around to other outlets? You have to follow their instructions to make sure they are on opposite power legs, but often times users with signal problems will find a particular pair of outlets works better than another pair.

Here is our signal troubleshooting page which you has some additional tips. Hope that helps!

Posted on
Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:30 pm
scooter offline

(No subject)

I really appreciate the response. My house actually has two panel boards, so I share 4 "hot legs" as well as the common neutral. I also have a 4826B Repeater. I did some testing and thought I had the access points on all 4 hot legs if you will.

At any rate I can play with it and see what happens.

Can you verify that an INDIGO response "send failed (no acknowledgement)" pretty much means a signal quality issue? I couldn't find anything on the other posts so it tells me my situation is an anomoly.

In doing some of my 3 way and 4 way applications (which all work great) I noticed that the wiring, at least in terms of the colors, were different each time. Where I live there is no stringent "electrical code" so to speak.

I'd be glad to post my findings and suggestions if you could tell me where to post them.

Thanks

Posted on
Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:10 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

(No subject)

scooter wrote:
I really appreciate the response. My house actually has two panel boards, so I share 4 "hot legs" as well as the common neutral. I also have a 4826B Repeater. I did some testing and thought I had the access points on all 4 hot legs if you will.

I have 2 panels as well, but still only 2 phases. Not sure if that's the case with your house or not. Note: the 4826 is only for X10 signals, not INSTEON.

scooter wrote:
Can you verify that an INDIGO response "send failed (no acknowledgement)" pretty much means a signal quality issue? I couldn't find anything on the other posts so it tells me my situation is an anomoly.

Generally that's what you see when you have signal issues.

scooter wrote:
In doing some of my 3 way and 4 way applications (which all work great) I noticed that the wiring, at least in terms of the colors, were different each time. Where I live there is no stringent "electrical code" so to speak.

I'd be glad to post my findings and suggestions if you could tell me where to post them.

Probably the Indigo & Insteon section of the forums would be the best place for this discussion. In fact, I'll see if I can move this thread there...

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:05 pm
norm offline

(No subject)

Hey, I'm coming in late to this thread and I'm confused. A SwitchLinc 2470D is Non-Communicating. That is, no INSTEON or X10 involved - - just a nice pretty high end switch. But, you say Indigo is communicating with it. Perhaps, it's really the SwitchLinc 2476D model?

— Norm
Indigo Store
10 Years Serving the Indigo Community

Page 1 of 1