Error messages in log I7 user

Posted on
Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:51 pm
Albatros offline

Error messages in log I7 user

I have just installed the sony plugin and it findes my SOny Bravia TV but it does not react on any action. The log file shows all kinds of error messages.

I am using I7 would that be an issue?

By the way, any plans on making a plugin for Panasonic TX-P55VT50

viewtopic.php?f=125&t=11312&p=77905&hilit=panasonic+script#p77905

Posted on
Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:20 pm
mat offline

Re: Error messages in log I7 user

I've got the python script for ip control of panasonic TV's. The stumbling block that I have is that it is having port conflicts with the alexa and sonos plugins. I've not had chance to have a look at it in a few months.

It's not packaged as a plugin, just running it externally.

Late 2018 mini 10.14

Posted on
Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:34 pm
RogueProeliator offline

I am using I7 would that be an issue?

Possibly... I started updating that plugin to be I7 compatible but it isn't done yet. You can regain control of it by installing this stop-gap version:
https://github.com/RogueProeliator/IndigoPlugins-Sony-Network-Remote/archive/v2.3.1.zip

You may see errors whenever you stop/start a TV device due to a Python 2.6 vs. 2.7 issue that will be resolved with an update. But that doesn't affect operation at all, just looks scary in the logs :)

By the way, any plans on making a plugin for Panasonic TX-P55VT50

No, I don't have a Panasonic TV nor any plans to buy new televisions at this time.

Posted on
Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:20 am
Albatros offline

Thats is working. Thanks.

Only setting the TV on gives an error "incorrect mac address format". TV Off works fine.

@Mat - could you share the python Panasonic code.

Posted on
Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:47 pm
mat offline

Sorry missed this post....

https://github.com/tomokas/pyviera

This is the github project I downloaded and started playing with the code. It works but I have a monkey brain when it comes to coding and haven't had chance to try to understand it yet. There are some other posts of mine where I started exploring it but I haven't got any further.

Late 2018 mini 10.14

Posted on
Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:38 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Only setting the TV on gives an error "incorrect mac address format". TV Off works fine.

It sounds as if the MAC address is not properly setup in the plugin... Can you edit the Indigo Device for your television and click the "Read MAC Address" button to see if it loads / changes the MAC Address field? The OFF command does not require the MAC address and will work even without it filled in.

Adam

Posted on
Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:55 pm
Albatros offline

I removed the mac address and did a read mac address again and a new one showed up. Dit the on command without succes. This is the debug result:

Action Group Sony TV On
Sony Bravia Network Remote Plugin Debug Returning default GUIConfigValue for sonyTvRemoteDevice:deviceIsChildDevice
Sony Bravia Network Remote Plugin Debug Returning default GUIConfigValue for sonyTvRemoteDevice:deviceIsChildDevice
Sony Bravia Network Remote Plugin Debug Command queue has 1 command(s) waiting
Sony Bravia Network Remote Plugin Error Failed to send Wake-on-LAN packet
Sony Bravia Network Remote Plugin Error Error in plugin execution:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Sony Bravia Network Remote.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/RPFramework/RPFrameworkRESTfulDevice.py", line 203, in concurrentCommandProcessingThread
RPFrameworkNetworkingWOL.sendWakeOnLAN(command.commandPayload)
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Sony Bravia Network Remote.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/RPFramework/RPFrameworkNetworkingWOL.py", line 42, in sendWakeOnLAN
raise ValueError(u'Incorrect MAC address format')
ValueError: Incorrect MAC address format

Posted on
Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:29 pm
Albatros offline

Hi RogueProeliator - any suggestion?

Page 1 of 1