Sony Bravia plug in just stopped working with my TV

Posted on
Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:13 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Re: Sony Bravia plug in just stopped working with my TV

Okay, I see the issue here... the plugin expects an "Unauthorized" response to trigger it to automatically pair, but it is receiving a "Forbidden" response from your model... clearly to the television this means you must re-pair since you issue the pairing command and re-execute the same command. I'll get that added to a new version and get you to test it out.

Adam

Posted on
Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:06 am
brianlloyd offline

Thank you Adam.

Makes you wonder how Sony hopes to have all their different TVs work with their own external software. Someone there has to have a clue about that.

Posted on
Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:12 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

brianlloyd wrote:
Someone there has to have a clue about that.

Have you ever worked for a huge bureaucratic company with lots of little fiefdoms before? :lol:

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:24 am
brianlloyd offline

jay (support) wrote:
brianlloyd wrote:
Someone there has to have a clue about that.

Have you ever worked for a huge bureaucratic company with lots of little fiefdoms before? :lol:

Oh, yes: NEC and Lucent Technologies. But in both cases I was responsible for the design of telecom equipment that had to adhere to internet standards and had to be interoperable with other vendors' kit. So I have this strange notion that things should be interoperable. 8)

Posted on
Tue May 31, 2016 1:35 pm
brianlloyd offline

I ended up finishing out my renovation using Sony Bravia displays. (I don't use them as TVs, more as displays for various devices.) I was going to switch to Sharp but found that they have been having serious reliability problems so I stuck with Sony.

I am still having the problem with paring going away after awhile. But one thing I have noticed is that I can re-pair Indigo to the displays now at any time without an error. I don't know if this is the result of an update of the TVs' software or your changes. What this suggests is that the Sony Bravia plug-in can just pair with all the known devices on a schedule, e.g. every 24 hours, and everything will work just fine long-term.

Thanks!

Posted on
Tue May 31, 2016 7:55 pm
RogueProeliator offline

I am still having the problem with paring going away after awhile. But one thing I have noticed is that I can re-pair Indigo to the displays now at any time without an error. I don't know if this is the result of an update of the TVs' software or your changes. What this suggests is that the Sony Bravia plug-in can just pair with all the known devices on a schedule, e.g. every 24 hours, and everything will work just fine long-term.

Stupid question, but did I ever release a version that will handle your TV's differing response as I stated below?

Okay, I see the issue here... the plugin expects an "Unauthorized" response to trigger it to automatically pair, but it is receiving a "Forbidden" response from your model... clearly to the television this means you must re-pair since you issue the pairing command and re-execute the same command. I'll get that added to a new version and get you to test it out.

Posted on
Tue May 31, 2016 9:06 pm
brianlloyd offline

RogueProeliator wrote:
Stupid question, but did I ever release a version that will handle your TV's differing response as I stated below?

As far as I know, no. But you had asked me to give you feedback and at the time I didn't have any. I think I sent you a message after that but not sure.

Thanks!