Plugin Discussion / Feedback

Posted on
Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:19 am
Sharek326 offline

Re: Plugin Discussion / Feedback

I may have found one of the problems. I use an Airport Extreme Router and from what I understand it does not support DLNA. When I tried a few of the remote APPS they say they require DLNA in the router to function.

Posted on
Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:33 am
RogueProeliator offline

I believe that Sony's official application is the TV SideView App by Sony Corporation... give that one a try to pair and control the television. You should be able to control the TV without any DLNA support in your router - I believe that you just won't be able to stream media from your phone to the TV.

Adam

Posted on
Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:07 pm
Sharek326 offline

I actually tried that app. It doesn't make sense because it tries to add the device by IP and then sends back an error saying device not compatible. Yet when I look at the device list it's listed.

Posted on
Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:31 am
RogueProeliator offline

The application should be able to auto-detect it via network discovery -- if you aren't seeing it from the app then likely something "wonky" (that being a technical term) is going on with the router and/or the TV/phone WiFi connection. Can you check the IP address of the phone and on the TV and make sure they are both getting IP addresses on the same subnet? I'm not sure on the Airport, but have you disabled or otherwise turned off any network features (like uPNP or something). Also make sure the router has a subnet makes of 255.255.255.0.

Adam

Posted on
Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:42 pm
Sharek326 offline

I had a chance to call Sony today and they confirmed that while the TV has the Renderer that is used for apps like this it is not currently supported in this app. They told me the newer TV coming out wouldn't work with that app. Does this mean it won't work with your plugin?

Posted on
Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:58 pm
RogueProeliator offline

I had a chance to call Sony today and they confirmed that while the TV has the Renderer that is used for apps like this it is not currently supported in this app. They told me the newer TV coming out wouldn't work with that app. Does this mean it won't work with your plugin?

Most likely, not... I looked up that TV model and I don't see it listing any form of IP control. This plugin was written against a specific model and is somewhat fragile in that Sony only kind-of publishes "part" of their API for control. I've had some problems trying to make it work with some newer and/or foreign devices - but it is kind of hit-and-miss.

Adam

Posted on
Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:41 pm
Sharek326 offline

Hey Rouge!

So my Sony drama continues yesterday for Christmas I got the Sony STR-DN850 Receiver in hopes that it could solve some of the problems I was having with the TV. I got it to register in the APP like you mentioned above. Many of the commands are the same and was hoping I could have the receiver do the work for me. I added the mac address of the receiver and tried a few commands. Still nothing happens but the log isn't showing any errors like it was for the TV. It actually shows it as if it completed the command. Is the plugin TV only?

Posted on
Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:27 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Still nothing happens but the log isn't showing any errors like it was for the TV. It actually shows it as if it completed the command. Is the plugin TV only?

Well, in theory it would work with anything that supports the same protocol, but it sure seems like Sony has changed their protocol as of late -- I need to get back with one user who created a packet capture for me to view where in a newer TV was not working with the plugin (I'm coming, John, just been busy with the holidays!). At any rate, IF the receiver is accepting the commands, it may simply be a matter of defining the proper command codes for a receiver. Although the commands ("Volume Up") may be the same, they require a different code.

Do this - enable full debugging and send a command to the receiver; full debug should capture both sides of the talk. I can tell you if this is the same error we've seen with at least one receiver (and which was not resolved) or if we can try a new set of commands.

Posted on
Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:31 pm
Sharek326 offline

This was the Home Command

Dec 26, 2014, 11:29:06 PM
Sony Bravia Network Remote Plugin Debug Plugin preferences updated
Action Group Home
Sony Bravia Network Remote Plugin Debug Command queue has 1 command(s) waiting
Sony Bravia Network Remote Plugin Debug Received SOAP command request:
/sony/IRCC
urn:schemas-sony-com:service:IRCC:1#X_SendIRCC
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<SOAP-ENV:Envelope SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/" xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
<SOAP-ENV:Body>
<m:X_SendIRCC xmlns:m="urn:schemas-sony-com:service:IRCC:1">
<IRCCCode xmlns:dt="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:datatypes" dt:dt="string">AAAAAQAAAAEAAABgAw==</IRCCCode>
</m:X_SendIRCC>
</SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

Sony Bravia Network Remote Plugin Debug Processing SOAP operation to /sony/IRCC
Sony Bravia Network Remote Plugin Debug Sending SOAP request:
<SOAP-ENV:Envelope SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/" xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
<IRCCCode xmlns:dt="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:datatypes" dt:dt="string">AAAAAQAAAAEAAABgAw==</IRCCCode>
Sony Bravia Network Remote Plugin Debug Command Response: [404] <html><head><title>Document Error: Site or Page Not Found</title></head>
<body><h2>Access Error: Site or Page Not Found</h2>
<p>Cannot open URL</p></body></html>

Sony Bravia Network Remote Plugin Debug SOAP_REQUEST command completed.

Posted on
Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:38 am
Sharek326 offline

After you install the plugin and add the Device in this case the Sony Receiver should indigo put a checkmark in Remote display? I ask because it didn't.

Posted on
Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:32 pm
rvarela offline

HI Adam,

First of all, thanks for your plugin. It is a nice and useful idea. I am trying to use it in my KDL-40EX721 Sony Bravia model. I installed the plugin, created the device (it did not appear in the list, but when using the IP I get the MAC address) and tried some actions without success. The TV can be controlled by the iPhone Sony Application "TV sideview". The computer is in the same network as the phone and TV. I turned on debugging and, if I try to send a "channel up" I get the following on the log (but nothing happens on the TV).

Could you advise?,

Ramiro

----
Trigger Prueba Sony TV plugin
Sony Bravia Network Remote Plugin Debug Command queue has 1 command(s) waiting
Sony Bravia Network Remote Plugin Debug Received SOAP command request:
/sony/IRCC
urn:schemas-sony-com:service:IRCC:1#X_SendIRCC
<IRCCCode xmlns:dt="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:datatypes" dt:dt="string">AAAAAQAAAAEAAAAQAw==</IRCCCode>

Sony Bravia Network Remote Plugin Debug Processing SOAP operation to /sony/IRCC
Sony Bravia Network Remote Plugin Debug Sending SOAP request:
<IRCCCode xmlns:dt="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:datatypes" dt:dt="string">AAAAAQAAAAEAAAAQAw==</IRCCCode>
Sony Bravia Network Remote Plugin Debug Command Response: [404] <html><head><title>not found</title></head><body>not found</body></html>
Sony Bravia Network Remote Plugin Debug SOAP_REQUEST command completed.
---------------

Posted on
Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:35 pm
RogueProeliator offline

I'm fighting this plugin on a couple of fronts -- the published APIs (and I use "published" lightly) do not all seem to be responding properly, though of course Sony's own application continues to work just fine. I've seen lots of other Sony remotes drop out of support on the mobile app stores because of this. It looks like your TV is not responding as expected to the discovery OR the command service. So the first step would be to see if we can determine if the command service exists.

I will be adding some debugging options to help diagnose that and other issues... stay tuned (working on that now)

Adam

Posted on
Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:08 am
rvarela offline

Ok, no problem.. I'll wait for instructions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk