Good news! :D

I only saw right know that at that price it is only for Prime members :(

Posted on
Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:30 am
autolog offline

Re: Autolog Stella-Z Thermostat Controller Discussion

MarcoGT wrote:
I only saw right know that at that price it is only for Prime members :(

Assuming you aren't a Prime member, you can always sign-up for a free trial and then cancel it if you don't like it with no cost. :)

Posted on
Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:57 am
Sevilsivle offline

Hi, since the last indigo update the new Eurotronic TVRs are fully supported. Thanks to flirs any changes in indigo are immediately picked up by the TVR. The only issue I have at the moment is that the TVR does not send on temperature change as configured.

Tim

Posted on
Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:42 am
MarcoGT offline

But with Gen5 Stick?

Posted on
Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:22 am
Sevilsivle offline

Yes. I have the Gen 5 Stick.
Tim

Posted on
Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:27 am
MarcoGT offline

But does it work with Z-Wave S2 Stick?

Posted on
Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:22 am
Shutter online

Hi Jon,

Just picked up one of the new Spirit valves thinking I could swap it out in the plugin, but I see that's not the case. When I select it in the controller window as a thermostat, an error is displayed saying "You must select a Stella-Z thermostat to monitor." I'm running the latest version of the plugin. (I did update the monitor trigger to the new valve).

Is it not supported yet?

Thanks

Simon

Posted on
Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:39 am
autolog offline

Shutter wrote:
Just picked up one of the new Spirit valves thinking I could swap it out in the plugin, but I see that's not the case. When I select it in the controller window as a thermostat, an error is displayed saying "You must select a Stella-Z thermostat to monitor." I'm running the latest version of the plugin. (I did update the monitor trigger to the new valve).

Is it not supported yet?

The quick answer is no it isn't yet. :|

It is a one line change to allow you to add it as a thermostat. However, the way the Spirit works is fundamentally different to the Stella-Z / Popp etc. Because it is using FliRS it doesn't need to wake-up and therefore all the logic in the plugin to handle wake-ups needs to be changed and enhanced for the Spirit. I have started on the change but it is turning out to be more complicated than I anticipated.

However, your post has now prompted me to sort this out; especially as I have three Spirit thermostats. I am using a manual system at the moment - i.e turning them on and off via iTouch but also having to start a Popp thermostat (I replaced all my Stella-Zs with Popps) to get the boiler to come on. Less than satisfactory way of working! :roll:

I am in the process of completing the migration of Indigo from a 2010 Mac Mini to a brand new 2017 iMac (i7 4.2Ghz) - the performance is a bit like chalk and cheese. Probably a bit of an overkill as the processor ticks over at <5% running Indigo as oppose to 50-60% previously. :lol:

So once I have completed this migration, I'll take a look at this hopefully during next week and keep you posted on how I progress. :)

Posted on
Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:00 am
Shutter online

Oh. Best not tell the missus then that I can't use it yet. I will await your update. Thanks.

Talking of FliRS… after I set it up this morning I was seeing instant changes take effect, but here's the thing, I'm not using the Gen5 stick. All the changes I made in Indigo were near instant on the Spirit.

Simon

Posted on
Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:02 pm
bullsim offline

I just bought some Spirits too :) looking forward to how we can help get them supported @Autolog

Posted on
Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:57 pm
autolog offline

I have looked at changing the Stella-Z plugin to handle the Spirits and have come to the conclusion that that is not the way to proceed. :|

The Stella-Z plugin was my first attempt at writing an Indigo plugin and I now have a better idea of what I should be doing.
The way the existing plugin is designed/structured isn't as I would do it now. :wink:

I have therefore decided to do a fundamental update to the plugin to bring it inline with Indigo 7 standards and to use the knowledge I have subsequently gained writing my other plugins. This means it will take a while longer before I have something available for beta testing. The new plugin will be more generic and is named trv.plugin (trv = Thermostatic Radiator Valve). It will (hopefully) support Spirit, Stella-Z, Comet, Popp, Danfoss LC13 TRVs. It will follow very similar lines in setup to the existing plugin. The TRV devices defined by the plugin will be based on thermostat devices as opposed to custom devices which the existing plugin uses. This means native thermostat controls should work on the plugin devices.

The good news is that I have started the process and am in the early stages of development testing.
This wouldn't be a genuine Indigo plugin development unless I was able to say no E.T.A :D
That said, I want to get this done as soon as I possibly can because I need it for my house.

So watch this space - I will post an update within a week or so to advise on progress. :)

Posted on
Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:53 pm
Shutter online

I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

Posted on
Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:07 am
Shutter online

Hi Jon,

Just wondering if there's an update, or even something to test? I've had yet another Stella-Z die. They have been most unreliable.

Thanks,

Simon

Posted on
Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:55 pm
autolog offline

Hi Simon,
Sorry, there is nothing to test at the moment. :|
A number of life events are taking up my time at the moment and so my Indigo work is having to go a bit on the back burner.
However, having said, I will try and look at whether I can do any interim fixing.
As soon as I have something, I will let you know. :)

Posted on
Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:07 pm
Shutter online

Of course.