Rachio Plugin (Locked)

Posted on
Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:25 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Rachio Plugin

FlyingDiver wrote:
The quick fix is to rename the field in the Rachio plugin.

That depends on who's making the change. If Matt fixes the SQL Logger plugin then it's MUCH faster for me!

I've added an issue in Github for the fix but don't have time at the moment to do it right. The correct fix is to migrate any existing device that starts up with an "id" state so it's not just a simple fix.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:27 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Yeah, migrating existing devices is always an issue. For Rachio devices, it's one field name. For the SQL Logger, it's changing ALL device-derived column names to protected names. That's likely to take a while....

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:57 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

I've posted an updated version of the SQL Logger Plugin that will clean the "id" column name, if you want to give it a try.

Posted on
Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:41 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

LOL! That was somewhat unexpected...

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Mon May 01, 2017 6:01 am
norcoscia offline

Thanks everyone (and Matt) - that seems to have fixed it - I appreciate the help!!! Note, Version is still listed as 1.0.0

_______
Norm

Posted on
Mon May 01, 2017 10:52 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

That's because the update to the SQL Logger plugin fixed the problem - there was no change to the Rachio plugin.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Mon May 01, 2017 11:11 am
norcoscia offline

Sorry, I just downloaded it and installed - for some reason I thought it was a new version of the Rachio plug-in - maybe I'm getting too old, maybe I have eaten too many hamburgers and not enough blood is getting to my brain - but -- I'm going to blame my stupid mistake on insufficient AM coffee - in any case - thanks again :oops:

_______
Norm

Posted on
Sat May 06, 2017 6:06 am
Professor Falken offline

Can't seem to get this to work...

I downloaded and installed, got my API (from the web app), then created a device.

All I was getting was repeating errors of this type.

May 6, 2017, 7:52:32 AM
Rachio Sprinklers Warning You must specify your API token in the plugin's config before the plugin can be used.

The created device populated with no states/etc. (other than defaults).

I triple checked the API, then tried reloading the plugin, still no dice, but now getting a different error:

May 6, 2017, 8:04:13 AM
Rachio Sprinklers Error Connection to Rachio API server failed with exception: ValueError. Check the log file for full details.
Rachio Sprinklers Error Error getting user ID from Rachio via API.

Is this perhaps a problem on the Rachio server end?

thanks

Posted on
Sun May 07, 2017 5:34 am
Professor Falken offline

Got it to install and accept the API.

I had to uninstall (delete from plugin folder, empty trash, stop I7, restart I7), then I redownloaded and reinstalled. Somewhat strangely, even though I had deleted it from the plugin folder, and even emptied the trash, when I reinstalled a new download, it already knew my API which I had entered on the previous install attempt. Just reporting that back here in case it's important for development purposes.

I am looking forward to playing with it and will report back.

In particular, I am interested in seeing how the plugin plays with Control Pages. I would like it to have a state change that shows if the sprinklers are currently running (for icon change purposes), the current set schedule(s), next scheduled watering, and whether smart/weather delays are enabled.

Probably most desired would be a way (action) to trigger each zone manually. The PAUSE/RESUME function would also really be great, but for some reason Rachio has yet to implement that feature (many users have requested that almost from the beginning of the device).

I wouldn't get so fancy on my CP as to try and put, say, a duration to run a zone. If I want to do that, I'll open the Rachio app. But I would like to be able to toggle each zone off/on from within my CP.

Thanks for writing it Jay.

Posted on
Sun May 07, 2017 6:02 am
Professor Falken offline

Ahh, I see that a lot of these actions are doable by using the generic sprinkler controls built into Indigo, which now can see the Rachio.

Posted on
Sun May 21, 2017 2:33 pm
Professor Falken offline

I am trying to understand some of the states associated with this plugin.

I have a CP icon that I want to change depending on if the sprinkler system is running or not. After some playing around, I decided the easiest way to do this was to have a sprinklerRunning variable that is false if the Active Zone Name= all zones off, and becomes true if Active Zone Name is not equal to all zones off (I made two triggers).

However, this doesn't seem to be triggering. Interestingly, in the trigger window, that device state is called Active Zone Name, but on the device page for the Rachio sprinkler, that state (at the very top of the window) seems to be called "status". However, there is also another "status" farther down in the custom device state which reports back "ONLINE" which I think means the Rachio device has an internet connection functioning.

In the Control Page pane, it is also called Active Zone Name. This one seems to work fine (correctly changes between All Zones Off and whatever zone is running). So I can't figure out why my trigger (keyed on a change of Active Zone Name) isn't firing.

Posted on
Mon May 22, 2017 5:30 am
Professor Falken offline

This morning I tested some graphics I made for a control page, keyed on that same "Active Zone Name" state, and again I had the same issue. That is, only the default (+.PNG) image would show, and none of the images named for the device state as I triggered each zone. Even though on the CP, the item where I had the CP just show the very same device state data in text form worked fine (correctly listed the active zone).

And the actions worked fine. Clicking on a zone stopped any running and zones and started the one clicked on (even though the image wouldn't change).

Any ideas?

Posted on
Mon May 22, 2017 6:41 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

How specifically do you have your Control Page images named? If I remember correctly, internally Indigo maps the Active Zone Name to images with their numerical value and not the actual name, so myZoneImages+2.PNG would be the second zone image and +0.PNG would be all zones off.

Posted on
Mon May 22, 2017 6:57 am
Professor Falken offline

Oh, thanks Matt, that worked perfectly! Solved all issues.

Posted on
Wed May 24, 2017 11:38 am
Professor Falken offline

Jay,

The plugin seems to work really well.

I am using it as an adjunct to the Rachio controlling software. That is, I still have a bunch of different Rachio schedules, and I let the device drive those and mostly use the Rachio App to make
adjustments.

But I like having Indigo monitor the whole thing, and being a control page junkie now, I like having a CP set up for the sprinkler system. This gives me the ability to quickly trigger a single zone on a graphical representation of my yard, or to quickly tell the system to run through a whole schedule with a single button push.

A few requests if you decide to develop the plugin any further:

1) The Rachio system seems to know when the next scheduled watering time is-- it shows it in their app. I don't see that being passed to the plugin (in the form of a device state). If possible, that would be a cool data point to have. For that matter, passing the "last ran" data point would also be useful, though I have worked around this with a variable.

2) I would really like the ability to "toggle" a zone on/off. That is, right now, on my control page, if I click in a zone, it launched two actions -- stop any running zone, then start the selected zone. These come from within the native Indigo sprinkler control actions. It also changes the graphic to show that zone being watered. This is fine, but if you want to stop that zone, pressing the same place (which would seem intuitive) obviously won't work, as it would just stop then restart the same zone. I just placed a big "STOP WATERING" button at the bottom, and that's how the user can stop a triggered zone without starting another one. But if the Indigo sprinkler actions included a "toggle specific zone" instead of "start a specific zone", clicking in the same place on a CP could turn an off zone on and vice-versa.

Neither of these is some kind of make-or-break request. I am happy y'all have brought this thing under Indigo's control. Just mentioning it for feedback purposes and in case you decide to tweak it further.

Thanks again for writing it.