Rachio Plugin (Locked)

Posted on
Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:11 pm
SMUSEBY offline

Re: Rachio Plugin

Embarrassing question: where is the Rachio plug-in?

Posted on
Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:21 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

From the first post in this thread:

Jay (Indigo Support) wrote:
you can also download the latest release from there

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:03 pm
GRWilde offline

I have successfully added the Rachio Plugin, but I am getting the following log error:

SQL Logger creating table device_history_1820901006 for "Rachio Sprinkler Controller"
SQL Logger Error exception trying to create table device_history_1820901006 ("Rachio Sprinkler Controller")
SQL Logger Error duplicate column name: id
SQL Logger Error CREATE TABLE device_history_1820901006 ( id #AUTO_INCR_KEY, ts TIMESTAMP DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, "activeschedule" TEXT, "activezone" INTEGER, "activezone_ui" TEXT, "address" TEXT, "current_calculatedprecip" REAL, "current_cloudcover" REAL, "current_cloudcover_ui" TEXT, "current_currenttemperature" REAL, "current_currenttemperature_ui" TEXT, "current_dewpoint" REAL, "current_dewpoint_ui" TEXT, "current_humidity" etc.

Any idea how this can be fixed?

George Wilde

Posted on
Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:14 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

There's going to be an updated version of the SQL Logger plugin in the next Indigo release (v7.1) that will solve this problem. In the meantime, you can download an updated SQL Logger plugin that fixes it.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:25 pm
GRWilde offline

Thanks, fixed it!

George Wilde

Posted on
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:18 pm
roquej offline

All of the sudden, getting the following error:

Error device "Rachio Sprinkler" state key t0forecast_currentTemperature not defined (ignoring update request)

Any suggestions how to correct?

JP

Posted on
Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:33 am
eme jota ce offline

roquej wrote:
All of the sudden, getting the following error:

Error device "Rachio Sprinkler" state key t0forecast_currentTemperature not defined (ignoring update request)

Any suggestions how to correct?

JP

Same error. Had assumed it was related to being unpowered and offline for 10 days due to Hurricane Irma.

Code: Select all
 Error                           device "Rachio" state key t0forecast_currentTemperature not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "Rachio" state key t1forecast_currentTemperature not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "Rachio" state key t2forecast_currentTemperature not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "Rachio" state key t3forecast_currentTemperature not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "Rachio" state key t4forecast_currentTemperature not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "Rachio" state key t5forecast_currentTemperature not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "Rachio" state key t6forecast_currentTemperature not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "Rachio" state key t7forecast_currentTemperature not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "Rachio" state key t8forecast_currentTemperature not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "Rachio" state key t9forecast_currentTemperature not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "Rachio" state key t10forecast_currentTemperature not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "Rachio" state key t11forecast_currentTemperature not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "Rachio" state key t12forecast_currentTemperature not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "Rachio" state key t13forecast_currentTemperature not defined (ignoring update request)

Posted on
Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:12 am
Different Computers offline

I've recently realized that I don't do anywhere near enough watering for my plants. On top of that, the previous owners in their wisdom put every spigot on one end of this very long house, so there's a whole end of the lot that is very tricky to water.

I have zero experience with sprinkler systems, but I now find myself seriously considering putting one in. But I wonder about the value of something like the Rachio over a set of roll your own power relays controlled by Indigo, running to something like RainBird solenoid controlled valves.

How would you advise someone who knows nothing of the value of any of these commercial systems?

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:42 am
norcoscia offline

I have the original Rachio and I could not be happier with it - the Indigo integration is cool but to be honest it can do 99% of what you want without it. The last few days it has rained and since the amount was above the threshold value I set -- the unit did not waste my money by watering unnecessarily. It also does seasonal adjustments automatically and lots of other stuff like delaying watering in high winds, it breaks up long durations to minimize runoff. It is also nice to be able to turn on or off any zone while I'm watching it (to test drips and heads - which is especially helpful in my garden zone). Too many cool features to list....

If you are going to put one in planning is key to happiness - getting the zone layout to match your watering need is important.

I have one zone for garden plants, one zone for trees and shrubs, one for my front lawn and one for my back lawn - tailoring in each zone can be done with emitter selection.

Check out the user group on the Rachio site - they really support the community and are fast to respond and implement requested features and fixes....

_______
Norm

Posted on
Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:08 am
Professor Falken offline

Yep, I'd echo everything above. I love my (1st generation) Rachio. And it does work great as a stand alone device.

Having it controllable by Indigo has been very nice, though. I like having it available in CP viewing/control. And I like that I have been able to tweak the weather skipping feature to more closely match my own desired algorithm rather than Rachio's (see my previous comments in this thread for a more robust explanation and python code).

It was definitely worth the money, though I suspect your installation of the actual system is probably a bigger expense than the actual controller.

Posted on
Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:45 pm
GRWilde offline

I am also suddenly getting the following errors:

Error device "Rachio Sprinkler Controller" state key t0forecast_currentTemperature not defined (ignoring update request)
Error device "Rachio Sprinkler Controller" state key t1forecast_currentTemperature not defined (ignoring update request)
Error device "Rachio Sprinkler Controller" state key t2forecast_currentTemperature not defined (ignoring update request)
Error device "Rachio Sprinkler Controller" state key t3forecast_currentTemperature not defined (ignoring update request)
Error device "Rachio Sprinkler Controller" state key t4forecast_currentTemperature not defined (ignoring update request)
Error device "Rachio Sprinkler Controller" state key t5forecast_currentTemperature not defined (ignoring update request)
Error device "Rachio Sprinkler Controller" state key t6forecast_currentTemperature not defined (ignoring update request)
Error device "Rachio Sprinkler Controller" state key t7forecast_currentTemperature not defined (ignoring update request)
Error device "Rachio Sprinkler Controller" state key t8forecast_currentTemperature not defined (ignoring update request)
Error device "Rachio Sprinkler Controller" state key t9forecast_currentTemperature not defined (ignoring update request)
Error device "Rachio Sprinkler Controller" state key t10forecast_currentTemperature not defined (ignoring update request)
Error device "Rachio Sprinkler Controller" state key t11forecast_currentTemperature not defined (ignoring update request)
Error device "Rachio Sprinkler Controller" state key t12forecast_currentTemperature not defined (ignoring update request)
Error device "Rachio Sprinkler Controller" state key t13forecast_currentTemperature not defined (ignoring update request)

George Wilde

Posted on
Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:45 pm
davvi offline

Same consecutive errors here...

Posted on
Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:17 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Looking into it.

[EDIT] The Rachio API just started returning a currentTemperature value for forecasts. Which makes NO sense to me since it's a forecast, how can anything be current? You can safely ignore the error. I'll update the plugin to just ignore that field.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:31 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Just released v1.0.2 of the plugin that gets rid of that error.

[EDIT] crap, the quick fix didn't work. I just deleted the 1.0.2 release on github and will post another fix shortly. This is why you should never rush to change something! :roll:

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:55 pm
DaveL17 offline

jay (support) wrote:
Just released v1.0.2 of the plugin that gets rid of that error.

[EDIT] crap, the quick fix didn't work. I just deleted the 1.0.2 release on github and will post another fix shortly. This is why you should never rush to change something! :roll:

Just makes me feel better about myself, that's all. :D

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Page 5 of 12 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12