Rachio Plugin (Locked)

Posted on
Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:52 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: Rachio Plugin

I was unaware of how absolutely cool this device is until this topic came up and I did some investigating, I just ordered one and am anxious to get it installed.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:40 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Ok, I bench ran mine (not ready to wire it in yet) and all works well. All zones work as they should and communicating with the weather station.

I was actually writing an ETo plugin to do all of this but while my math was spot on it was very difficult getting all the input needed to make it accurate via the plugin forms - so this sprinkler lets me now abandon that project since it's using the EXACT parameters I was using. Can't wait to use it. Thanks for a great plugin Jay!

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:34 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
Ok, I bench ran mine (not ready to wire it in yet) and all works well. All zones work as they should and communicating with the weather station.

I was actually writing an ETo plugin to do all of this but while my math was spot on it was very difficult getting all the input needed to make it accurate via the plugin forms - so this sprinkler lets me now abandon that project since it's using the EXACT parameters I was using. Can't wait to use it. Thanks for a great plugin Jay!

Thanks. Here's another nice feature of the v2+ Rachio devices - they sense faults on the zone wires and report them. One of my zones reported a fault this past weekend though I haven't been able to troubleshoot it much more. The downside is that the notification only seems to appear in the iOS App (not sure about Android) and doesn't go into the notification center. So you have to look at the app's log to see the error. Still, it's nice to see the error reported somewhere.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:37 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

jay (support) wrote:
they sense faults on the zone wires and report them

That will be very nice, I've had to chase down bad solenoids many times after they didn't water for, sometimes, weeks on end.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:29 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

I've been getting a ton of these over the last 24 hours - I'm thinking it's an API issue on their end but figure I would report it anyway (I'm on 1.0.3):

Code: Select all
2018-02-25 08:42:46.656   ERROR   Plugin._update_from_rachio:   Error getting user data from Rachio via API.
2018-02-25 10:26:24.864   ERROR   Plugin._make_api_call:   Connection to Rachio API server failed with exception: HTTPError. Check the log file for full details.
2018-02-25 10:26:24.867   DEBUG   Plugin._make_api_call:   Connection to Rachio API server failed with exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 112, in _make_api_call
    r.raise_for_status()
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/PlugIns/requests/models.py", line 848, in raise_for_status
    raise HTTPError(http_error_msg, response=self)
HTTPError: 429 Client Error: Too Many Requests for url: https://api.rach.io/1/public/person/<<REMOVED>>

2018-02-25 10:26:24.867   ERROR   Plugin._update_from_rachio:   Error getting user data from Rachio via API.
2018-02-25 10:26:24.871   DEBUG   Plugin.runConcurrentThread:   Starting concurrent tread
2018-02-25 10:26:25.273   ERROR   Plugin._make_api_call:   Connection to Rachio API server failed with exception: HTTPError. Check the log file for full details.
2018-02-25 10:26:25.274   DEBUG   Plugin._make_api_call:   Connection to Rachio API server failed with exception:
    r.raise_for_status()
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/PlugIns/requests/models.py", line 848, in raise_for_status
HTTPError: 429 Client Error: Too Many Requests for url: https://api.rach.io/1/public/person/<<REMOVED>>

2018-02-25 10:26:25.274   ERROR   Plugin._update_from_rachio:   Error getting user data from Rachio via API.
2018-02-25 10:27:26.104   ERROR   Plugin._make_api_call:   Connection to Rachio API server failed with exception: HTTPError. Check the log file for full details.
2018-02-25 10:27:26.105   DEBUG   Plugin._make_api_call:   Connection to Rachio API server failed with exception:
    r.raise_for_status()

2018-02-25 10:27:26.105   ERROR   Plugin._update_from_rachio:   Error getting user data from Rachio via API.
Last edited by Colorado4Wheeler on Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:01 pm
ZachBenz offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
I've been getting a ton of these over the last 24 hours - I'm thinking it's an API issue on their end but figure I would report it anyway (I'm on 1.0.3):

Ditto here.

ZachBenz's Plugins: RingForIndigo

Posted on
Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:06 pm
dduff617 offline

ditto. my rachio-specific log indicates:
HTTPError: 429 Client Error: Too Many Requests for url: https://api.rach.io/1/public/person/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Posted on
Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:01 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Then you should take a packet capture.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:08 pm
vtmikel offline

Rachio Plugin

Ianbrown, is the python included in HS compatible with TLS 1.2? I’m running HS for my Indigo box and was not getting the github errors that others were. However I am getting the Rachio errors that others are experiencing here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:59 pm
jstackmk offline

I started getting the "Error getting user data from Rachio via API." this morning.
Seems to have stopped now.
Maybe it was something on Rachio side???

Posted on
Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:51 pm
ZachBenz offline

Stopped here as well; I expect it was indeed on the Rachio side.

ZachBenz's Plugins: RingForIndigo

Posted on
Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:31 am
roquej offline

It stopped but is backed, I think. It seems to be the same:

Rachio Sprinklers Error Connection to Rachio API server failed with exception: HTTPError. Check the log file for full details.
Rachio Sprinklers Error Error getting user data from Rachio via API.

JP

Posted on
Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:34 am
Different Computers offline

8 & 16 zone 2nd gen Rachio on sale on Woot today https://www.woot.com/offers/rachio-2nd- ... _gw_dly_tl

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:08 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Different Computers wrote:
8 & 16 zone 2nd gen Rachio on sale on Woot today https://www.woot.com/offers/rachio-2nd- ... _gw_dly_tl

That sucks, I just got mine like 3 weeks ago :roll:

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:48 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

The failure is:

HTTPError: 429 Client Error: Too Many Requests for url: https://api.rach.io/1/public/person/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Which implies that there was some change on their side that's causing the failure. I've reported it in their forums and we'll see what kind of response we get. The error implies that there's some rate limiting going on - but AFAIK there weren't any recommendations/rules about it.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 7 of 12 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12