Rachio Plugin (Locked)

Posted on
Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:48 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Rachio Plugin

It's using their cloud-based API (there isn't a local API available).

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:38 pm
hassancy offline

Even after deleting and reinstalling the Rachio plugin, I am getting the following error:
Rachio Sprinklers Warning You must specify your API token in the plugin's config before the plugin can be used.

So I'm wondering if I got the API correctly. Is it what is displayed by clicking on 'API Access Token' on the top right of the picture below. It is a screenshot of when I log into app.rachio.io.

FYI, I have the second generation Rachio sprinkler controller in case that posses a problem.

Screen Shot 2017-06-15 at 12.33.46 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-06-15 at 12.33.46 AM.png (83.3 KiB) Viewed 8174 times

Posted on
Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:04 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Yep, that's the one. Make sure that when you paste it into the config dialog there are no leading or trailing spaces or other invisible characters. I've got the second generation also so that's not the issue.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:12 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

That error indicates that the plugin config doesn't even contain the access key. Are you sure that you entered the key in the plugin's config dialog and saved it? Try it again and watch for errors in the Event Log window.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:18 pm
hassancy offline

I just keep on getting this error:

Rachio Sprinklers Error Connection to Rachio API server failed with exception: ValueError. Check the log file for full details.
Rachio Sprinklers Error Error getting user ID from Rachio via API.

I don't know at whose end this problem would be occurring. Any thoughts?

Posted on
Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:23 pm
hassancy offline

The more detailed error log is as follows. I have replaced my access code by <<ACCESS CODE>> below. The last line 'ValueError' seems a little suspicious to me.

Rachio Sprinklers Error Connection to Rachio API server failed with exception: ValueError. Check the log file for full details.
Rachio Sprinklers Debug Connection to Rachio API server failed with exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 106, in _make_api_call
r = method(url, headers=self.headers, timeout=self.timeout)
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/PlugIns/requests/api.py", line 71, in get
return request('get', url, params=params, **kwargs)
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/PlugIns/requests/api.py", line 57, in request
return session.request(method=method, url=url, **kwargs)
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/PlugIns/requests/sessions.py", line 477, in request
resp = self.send(prep, **send_kwargs)
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/PlugIns/requests/sessions.py", line 587, in send
r = adapter.send(request, **kwargs)
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/PlugIns/requests/adapters.py", line 417, in send
timeout=timeout
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/PlugIns/requests/packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 578, in urlopen
chunked=chunked)
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/PlugIns/requests/packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 362, in _make_request
conn.request(method, url, **httplib_request_kw)
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/httplib.py", line 1053, in request
self._send_request(method, url, body, headers)
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/httplib.py", line 1092, in _send_request
self.putheader(hdr, value)
ValueError: Invalid header value 'Bearer <<ACCESS CODE>>\n<<ACCESS CODE>>\n<<ACCESS CODE>>\n<<ACCESS CODE>>'

Rachio Sprinklers Error Error getting user ID from Rachio via API.

Posted on
Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:41 pm
DaveL17 offline

The '\n' refers to a new line character. It's tough to tell for sure, but it looks like your access code may be entered into the config field four times (with a return in between). Try putting your cursor in the field, type CMD-A to get all of it and delete it. Then re-enter the code and hit save.

No guarantee, but it may just work.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:36 pm
howartp offline

Agree with Dave's hypothesis here.

I don't think Indigo lets you type a newline character into plugin configs, but it does let you paste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:35 pm
hassancy offline

Weird but it worked! Thanks

Posted on
Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:52 pm
DaveL17 offline

Glad to hear that worked for you.

Cheers.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:17 pm
SMUSEBY offline

I'm considering purchase of 2 Rachio controllers (I have 22 zones).
1) without trying the Rachio controller, it is not clear to me how integration with Indigo and the Rachio plug-in is useful
2) assuming it is useful, is it possible to use Indigo to manage 22 irrigation zones (using both a 16 and an 8 zone Rachio controller

Posted on
Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:37 am
Professor Falken offline

That's a lot of zones! I don't know if there are hard limits on number of zones in the plugin or general handling of irrigation systems in Indigo. Will have to let Jay weigh in on that. Also, I don't know to what degree 2 separate boxes will play nicely both with the Rachio app (or possibly apps?) and Indigo.

If you can do it, however, Indigo gives you infinitely more control over the irrigation system than even the fairly robust Rachio app.

You can tie allow/skip irrigation events to local weather data and have a lot more granular control than what is built into the box. Worried that some gardens bake if the temp gets over 92 degrees at 3:00? That's a pretty simple trigger to make to water those zones when the conditions hit. Does it bother you if the sprinklers are running when it is literally raining outside? Again, that's a really easy one. I have mine set up to skip a scheduled watering if the rain total over the last 2 days exceeds a certain threshold, though I have a button on the CP that can cancel the skip if for some reason I would rather it run.

You can also have far more complex schedules if you want them by using Indigo. For example, is Tuesday a normal watering day, but you have an early meeting every 3rd Tuesday of the month and don't want to take a low pressure shower that morning? Indigo can skip the 3rd Tuesday watering and move it to Wednesday (or just a different time on that Tuesday).

That's just a few examples. I was relatively pleased with the Rachio's functioning by itself, and really initially installed this plugin just to be able to bring the irrigation system under Indigo CP control and monitoring, but once I had it installed, I realized there was a lot I could do with it by harnessing the power of Indigo to drive it.

Posted on
Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:13 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Indigo's built-in sprinkler controls support up to 16 zones per sprinkler device, and the Rachio plugin should support all 16 if you buy the 16 zone controller.

However, since you have 22 zones, you're going to have to have 2 Indigo devices (one for each controller). Assuming that you can't run two zones (on two different rachio controllers) at the same time, you'd have to make sure that your logic doesn't allow that to happen (Indigo can't/won't stop that from happening). You might want to do some research on the Rachio forums - I believe there is a discussion of multiple controllers over there that should be enlightening.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:48 am
anyone offline

Does anyone else occasionally see this?

It's a intermittent error and 98% of the time I see it as a log entry after status of a Indigo client connection. It's purely cosmetic, my Rachio integration is working fine.

The way I am interpreting the error, the plugin timed out updating Indigo.

Output from my log:

Code: Select all
2017-07-09 19:18:38.359   Application   Indigo Cocoa client disconnected (192.168.0.10)
2017-07-09 19:18:38.361   Rachio Sprinklers Error   Unknown error:
  File "plugin.py", line 249, in _update_from_rachio
    dev.replacePluginPropsOnServer(props)
StandardError: ServerCommunicationError -- timeout waiting for response

Output from plugin.log.2017-07-09

2017-07-09 19:18:08.656   ERROR   Plugin._update_from_rachio:   Unknown error:
  File "plugin.py", line 249, in _update_from_rachio
    dev.replacePluginPropsOnServer(props)
StandardError: ServerCommunicationError -- timeout waiting for response

Posted on
Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:24 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

This means that the plugin and server aren't communicating properly. Since it's also paired with a client connection error, that might indicate that you're having some network communication issues on that Mac. The second error also seems to indicate that there's a network issue:

2017-07-09 19:18:08.656   ERROR   Plugin._update_from_rachio:   Unknown error:

So, the plugin might have been waiting for some update from rachio's servers and got some unknown error, though that's less likely since failed on the replacePluginPropsOnServer which is trying to talk to the Indigo Server.

Those ServerCommunicationErrors are usually due to a misbehaving plugin or another app on your Mac that's eating up all available CPU so it's possible that there's that kind of issue as well. If you're running an old Mac with TimeMachine backing up to a slow disk, I've seen it eat up enough CPU doing backups that it can stall other processes.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Page 4 of 12 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12