LC-XXLE653U Series - Status update failure

Posted on
Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:49 pm
DougHahn offline

LC-XXLE653U Series - Status update failure

First of all, thank you for creating this plug in. After I figured out how to get my TV to accept commands, it appears sending commands is working.

Unfortunately getting the state is failing ("Is Muted" or "Is Powered On") is failing with a syntax error in the log, perhaps it is due to this being a 3U?

Sharp TV Network Remote Plugin Error Error executing effect for device id XXXXXXXXXX
Sharp TV Network Remote Plugin Error Error in plugin execution:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Sharp TV Network Remote.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/RPFramework/RPFrameworkDeviceResponse.py", line 127, in executeEffects
newStateValue = eval(newStateValueString)
File "<string>", line 1
"
^
SyntaxError: EOL while scanning string literal

Posted on
Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:13 am
RogueProeliator offline

Re: LC-XXLE653U Series - Status update failure

Unfortunately getting the state is failing ("Is Muted" or "Is Powered On") is failing with a syntax error in the log, perhaps it is due to this being a 3U?

There could be some slight differences in models or the information returned -- I would imagine that model/series has changed the status return information or is missing some piece. Would you mind enabling Debug mode in High via the plugin configuration dialog and letting it attempt a status update, then post those details here? That normally will be enough information to determine what is happening.

Thanks and sorry for your troubles!
Adam

Posted on
Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:33 pm
DougHahn offline

Thank you so much for getting back to me so quickly.
I was not able to see a command to get a status update, but it appears the code to determine the state (either power, or mute) is returning the error. I can trigger a power off, or a power on, or a mute, but can not get feedback on the state.

Debug in HIGH for selecting MUTE (did turn off sound) and then MUTE again, (turned sound back on)

WebServer request to execute "Main" control #18 from 127.0.0.1
Sharp TV Network Remote Plugin Debug Command queue has 2 command(s) waiting
Sharp TV Network Remote Plugin Debug Sending command: MUTE0
Sharp TV Network Remote Plugin Debug Write command completed.
Sharp TV Network Remote Plugin Debug Received: OK
Sharp TV Network Remote Plugin Debug Command queue has 1 command(s) waiting
Sharp TV Network Remote Plugin Debug Sending command: MUTE?
Sharp TV Network Remote Plugin Debug Received:
ERR
Sharp TV Network Remote Plugin Debug Found response match: isMutedQuery
Sharp TV Network Remote Plugin Error Error executing effect for device id 1219912451

File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Sharp TV Network Remote.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/RPFramework/RPFrameworkDeviceResponse.py", line 127, in executeEffects
File "<string>", line 1
"
^

Sharp TV Network Remote Plugin Debug Received w/o Command:

WebServer request to execute "Main" control #18 from 127.0.0.1
Sharp TV Network Remote Plugin Debug Command queue has 2 command(s) waiting
Sharp TV Network Remote Plugin Debug Sending command: MUTE0
Sharp TV Network Remote Plugin Debug Received: OK
Sharp TV Network Remote Plugin Debug Sending command: MUTE?
Sharp TV Network Remote Plugin Debug Received:
ERR
Sharp TV Network Remote Plugin Debug Found response match: isMutedQuery
Sharp TV Network Remote Plugin Error Error executing effect for device id 1219912451

File "<string>", line 1
"
^

Posted on
Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:25 pm
RogueProeliator offline

The command being sent is correct but your TV is returning an error code. What exact model in that series do you have?

One thing we could try is a long shot, but if you go to the Send Arbitrary Command option in the plugins menu, try sending MUTE???? with debug on and see what happens.

Adam

Posted on
Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:15 pm
DougHahn offline

it is a 55 inch, so LC-55LE653U. The MUTE works, I just can't get the status if the MUTE is on or not, or if the TV is on or not.

Here is the log
Sep 1, 2015, 8:13:11 PM
Sharp TV Network Remote Plugin Debug set to True by user
Sharp TV Network Remote Plugin Debug Sending command: MUTE????
Sharp TV Network Remote Plugin Debug Received: ERR

Sharp TV Network Remote Plugin Debug set to False by user

Posted on
Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:37 pm
RogueProeliator offline

After some research, I fear that we may not be able to pull status from the television... as per Sharp, the LC-43LE653U does not officially support IP control when queried from a developer seeing the exact same thing that we are on that model (that it would accept commands but not status queries.) With it being in the same series, it likely has the same firmware revision.

Do you have a username/password set in the AQUOS Remote setup? If not, perhaps give it a try setting that up.

I can write up something to disable the polling so that you don't get a ton of errors in the log, but of course you wouldn't get the current status either -- it would be just a "dumb" remote control. If you want to try and use it that way, though, just let me know...

Adam

Posted on
Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:31 pm
DougHahn offline

I am using the username and password, oh well, at least it works the TV!

Posted on
Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:55 pm
DougHahn offline

I tried setting up a second TV and I think they conflict each other. Any chance we can work together to get it working on two TV's and get it working better for my model?

Posted on
Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:39 pm
RogueProeliator offline

I tried setting up a second TV and I think they conflict each other. Any chance we can work together to get it working on two TV's and get it working better for my model?

There is no problem running the plugin with two Indigo devices / televisions -- nothing is set at the plugin level, rather everything is configured at the Indigo device level. What error are you getting?

Adam

Posted on
Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:03 pm
DougHahn offline

After several restarts, plug in, indigo server, even mac, I was able to get the downstairs tv to work, but upstairs only mute and volume work, not tv off or on. I don't get any events in the log when I press TV off or on.

Is there a debug mode?

Posted on
Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:08 pm
DougHahn offline

I deleted the TC device and recreated it. I get this message now

Sep 19, 2015, 4:06:21 PM
Sharp TV Network Remote Plugin Error Error executing effect for device id 1595288248

File "<string>", line 1
"
^

File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Sharp TV Network Remote.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/RPFramework/RPFrameworkTelnetDevice.py", line 240, in concurrentCommandProcessingThread
responseText = self.readIfAvailable(ipConnection, lineEndingToken, commandResponseTimeout)
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Sharp TV Network Remote.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/RPFramework/RPFrameworkTelnetDevice.py", line 358, in readIfAvailable
return connection.read_eager()
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/telnetlib.py", line 372, in read_eager
return self.read_very_lazy()
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/telnetlib.py", line 395, in read_very_lazy
raise EOFError, 'telnet connection closed'
EOFError: telnet connection closed

Posted on
Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:42 pm
RogueProeliator offline

This sounds similar to before - that the update is not being allowed... try turning on debugging in the Plugin Configuration Dialog (turn it on High) and let it run through an update and get the error. High debugging will show all communication and help to verify that it is the status query messages causing the issue. I can add some type of flag to the device to disable the status query all together if it is generating the error and thus causing control issues.

Adam

Posted on
Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:33 pm
DougHahn offline

User error, I missed the "Setup TV for network on" step. Seems to be working better, but I have on occasion had a TV freeze.

I love this plug in now that I got it working, when the kids start fighting upstairs, I just turn off the tv...gets their attention!

Posted on
Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:35 pm
RogueProeliator offline

User error, I missed the "Setup TV for network on" step. Seems to be working better, but I have on occasion had a TV freeze.

Are you still getting errors in the log file? I still feel we might ought to turn off status requests if your TV is not properly reporting them back -- if nothing else to avoid the flood of errors to the log files on each failure!

I love this plug in now that I got it working, when the kids start fighting upstairs, I just turn off the tv...gets their attention!

I've been very close to doing that myself when I get told too many "just one more minute"'s on a stupid video game when I call from downstairs...

Adam

Posted on
Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:31 am
DougHahn offline

I still get the errors, and many times, the TV's stop responding. I guess the 3U version of the TV is the issue, and makes this plug in unusable. I don't know if there is another issue, of the number of errors causes the TV to stop responding. Couple of times I had to hold the power button on the TV down to force a reset.

I would like to eliminate the possibility that the error messages are causing the issues, can I get an update?