Wifi Thermostat Support

Forum rules

Just a few rules for this forum:

• Keep discussions relevant and productive - try not to be overly-critical (no trolling).
  • Posts don't have to be about Indigo, but please don't use this forum as a platform to actively promote other competing products.
  • The forum is open to everyone whether they're an installer or not for the simple reason that users often may have useful suggestions to the installer community. We can change this later if it becomes an impediment to it's primary function.

We want to encourage/grow the installer market so let us know if there's anything else we can do to facilitate your business.

Posted on
Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:58 pm
ckeyes888 offline

Wifi Thermostat Support

I potentially have an install that would require 70+ thermostats to be controlled
by Indigo. In addition to the issue of sheer volume is that they would be located in
24 separate rental units, spaced on average about 50ft apart.

I would think that a wifi stat would be the only way to go. If someone may be up
for writing a plugin for a decent wifi stat, maybe an Ecobee etc., please PM
me and we can work out payment details etc.

Many thanks,

Carl

Posted on
Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:32 pm
berkinet offline

Re: Wifi Thermostat Support

The Proliphix thermostats are solid and reliable, but pricey. There is already a plugin for them.

Posted on
Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:56 pm
ckeyes888 offline

Thanks. Pricey is right. Any thoughts on how the plugin may handle 70 of them?

edit: The link to the plugin download seems to be broken. Maybe moved?

Carl

Posted on
Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:17 am
berkinet offline

The plugin is in the User Contributions Library. But, that version is kinda old by now. The latest beta is on dropbox.

The plugin would handle 70 tstats locally without a problem... it uses a polling model run from a single plugin thread. However, Proliphix offers a remote management service that may be more what you really need for an application like this.

Posted on
Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:09 pm
ckeyes888 offline

Thanks for the update and info.
This particular client may want to add a camera or two and some lighting
so they are keen on a simple interface to view and control things...hence the Indigo
factor.

It is cool they offer the free online info. No doubt the client will make use of that
as well.

Carl

Posted on
Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:01 pm
nvanallen offline

I currently have two ecobee thermostats and I have started building a plugin. Hopefully I can have it done soon. I will let you know.

Posted on
Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:07 pm
ckeyes888 offline

No doubt the Ecobee option would be significant.

Thanks,

Carl

Posted on
Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:58 am
zeigh offline

nvanallen wrote:
I currently have two ecobee thermostats and I have started building a plugin. Hopefully I can have it done soon. I will let you know.

Nvanallen,

Thanks for geek tweaking with the Ecobee plugin project! I have three Ecobee thermostats (controlling two geothermal AC units via three zones) in my home. I also have the remote sensor module in all of the units athat monitor 12 temperature probes. A plugin to access all of this data with Indigo would help with so many automation ideas that I have. Please let me know what I can do to assist you. I also have a spare Mac that I can dedicate to beta testing or more.

Peace,
Dr. Z.

“Technological change is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.” (Albert Einstein, 1941),
Dr. Z.

Posted on
Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:56 pm
HFTobeason offline

Has any progress been made on the Ecobee API? I now have one (soon to be three) Ecobee Smart Si therms that I'd like to poll using Indigo. Thanks!

Posted on
Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:13 pm
aldonc offline

Just wondering if an Ecobee plugin was ever created. Not sure I have the skills to do it but have managed to get Ecobee login authentications working in scripts. It's a long ways from being functional but I'm prepping for a new house many months away.

Thanks,
Aldon

Posted on
Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:31 pm
moscomedve offline

If you need a beta tester, I would be happy to help.

Posted on
Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:32 pm
rapamatic offline

Has anyone come up with a driver or a solution for ecobee?

Page 1 of 1