Problems switching channels or downloading logos

Posted on
Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:29 am
himanshu offline

Problems switching channels or downloading logos

Hi,

Thanks for this great plugin.

I am trying to use this (plugin v1.5.19 on Indigo 6.1.7) with my Roku 2 XS (v7, build 9044). It gets detected and can send button presses just fine. However, upon trying to create an action of switching application, or downloading channel logos, I get the following error (same error for either action):
Code: Select all
 Roku Network Remote Plugin ErrorError in plugin execution:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Roku Network Remote.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/rokuNetworkRemoteDevice.py", line 204, in retrieveAppList
    self.hostPlugin.logDebugMessage(u'App list response: ' + RPFramework.RPFrameworkUtils.to_unicode(responseStatus) + u'; body: ' + bodyText, RPFramework.RPFrameworkPlugin.DEBUGLEVEL_HIGH)
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xe2 in position 3252: ordinal not in range(128)

Ideas?

Cheers,

Himanshu

Posted on
Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:16 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Re: Problems switching channels or downloading logos

Interesting, that looks to be unicode-safe unless it is somehow trying to convert the body of it to ASCII, which I don't believe it should. I'll see if I can create a test build and get it to you to (hopefully) fix the issue. If it is an issue with the name of a channel, makes sense that both channel related actions fail.

Are you in a country with an extended alphabet by chance (or have a channel with a name with non-US characters)?

Adam

Posted on
Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:26 am
himanshu offline

Hi Adam

Thanks for the response. I am in Australia, but I'll go home and have a look at the channel list to see if there are any channels with non English characters.

If it helps, I tried using the roku API in a browser to fetch the channel list and that worked alright.

Cheers,

Himanshu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:56 am
himanshu offline

Hi Adam

I double checked the channel list in Roku. Couldn't find any thing in there that looked suspect. It's all English characters.

I'll wait for your test build and see if it fixes the issue.

Thanks heaps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 1